P1000 LED Bar options and opinions

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looked in the other subforums without much luck, I'm looking for ideas on how to mount a lightbar just under the OEM hard roof of my P1k. Also wondering what length will go all the way across nicely, I've measure and 52" seems like it work well in a curved bar. What's everyone else done or think? Thanks.

J

JTW

Looked in the other subforums without much luck, I'm looking for ideas on how to mount a lightbar just under the OEM hard roof of my P1k. Also wondering what length will go all the way across nicely, I've measure and 52" seems like it work well in a curved bar. What's everyone else done or think? Thanks.
50-52 depending on your mounting option. You need to consider what windshield you'll use as it could get in the way. I chose to go low windshield for that very reason. 52" curved Amazon bar and the brackets you asked about earlier. Works well! IMG 3647

M

misterkit

Jun 30, 2016
ny
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What's the advantage to mounting the bar like that JTW? Does it offer any better lighting than if it was mounted just under the roof? Does the low mount get in the way (or make it more difficult) of removing the hood?

J

JTW

What's the advantage to mounting the bar like that JTW? Does it offer any better lighting than if it was mounted just under the roof? Does the low mount get in the way (or make it more difficult) of removing the hood?
It's just far easier to mount it there.. I have a flip up windshield and wouldn't be able to run it up top unless it was on the roof. And that's really not an option for me. It would have already been gone by now. I don't have any real issue with the hood clearance. Hood plus lightbar is only slightly more difficult to take it off. Doesn't matter to me what you choose, just letting you know this has worked well.

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the one piece windshield, so it shouldn't be a problem to mount it high, just worried about mounting. I ordered a 52" curved Auxbeam bar, and I know a guy that might be able to fab me up some brackets to mount it where I want it, or I'll try bolting it to the roof.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JTW can you take the bottom windshield off still? I have the Honda 2 piece and get much more airflow through without the bottom on. Still get the protection of the windshield for spiders and such with the top on also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JTW can you take the bottom windshield off still? I have the Honda 2 piece and get much more airflow through without the bottom on. Still get the protection of the windshield for spiders and such with the top on also.

I put mine on the bumper because I wanted to be able to take the glass windshield off in summer. The roof requires support to hold a Lightbar and it not flop.

The pods make it tight getting it on and off.

9fe69d3bf4fb7cc8a601dc02d984150d

JailCop

JailCop

May 2, 2017
Northern NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put mine on the bumper because I wanted to be able to take the glass windshield off in summer. The roof requires support to hold a Lightbar and it not flop.

View attachment 50889

Yea, if I bolt it to the roof, I'll find a way to use backing plates of some sort.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, if I bolt it to the roof, I'll find a way to use backing plates of some sort.
Not trying to be negative, just giving a heads up. I had to put a brace on my 700 for the roof to support the Lightbar and it not flop.

You can get the Honda ROPS clamp and use it to bolt to.

02de58e86dc4703cc39a67dd5896b8ab

0da3fe38af1643dce73b3e454c45060d

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 50889

What clamps did you use? I have one of those bumpers I am going to put on.

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I had to buy roll bar clamps (all steel) and have a buddy fabricate Support’s tohold the bar on the roof. It hits everything! I’m taking mine off my roof in the near future.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

This is a little bit different than OC's. I wanted to reduce the height which made me use two clamps per side.

4064019d77fda2aacfdca5949f3328e5

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Traveler clamps from TSC. Bumper is angled I put them on and cut them level then drilled and used a self tapping bolt.

It's in my build thread, heading into my next meeting for the day or I'd look it up.

Reactions: joeymt33
J

JTW

I see no reason why you couldn't.. I don't know how the lower mounts on the Honda windshield. I just open the top up on the SuperATV.

M

misterkit

Jun 30, 2016
ny
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So does any one have recommendations on brands to consider? Motoalliance, auxbeam, rigid, etc Anything to stay away from?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So does any one have recommendations on brands to consider? Motoalliance, auxbeam, rigid, etc Anything to stay away from?

Rigid IS quality and has a very good beam.

But unless you're running wide open in the desert you'll most likely never put drive a $40 Amazon special light bar.

M

misterkit

Jun 30, 2016
ny
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got a link to one of those magical lighhtbars?

But unless you're running wide open in the desert you'll most likely never put drive a $40 Amazon special light bar.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I always thought the same about Rigid, but I saw some comparisons and videos comparing them to the Baja Squadron led lights and now feel that Rigid isn't as high quality as I thought. I'm no salesman and have never bought either brand.........but if I was going high end I would look hard at the Baja offerings. I don't even know if they make light bars, but the comparisons I saw were the cube lights. I can dig up the youtube video if anyone wants to see it - but a guy on another forum was talking about problems getting moisture behind the lens of the Rigids. Plus I think he said the Bajas are made to be easily serviced at home whereas it voids the Rigid warranty. Sorry if this is considered a derail - was not my intention. I just always though Rigid was THE light and recent research has me not so sure.

Waylan

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!