P1000 Led Cube mount up front ?

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have seen the mount people use for the light bars that connect to the roll cage and are slotted for easy install. My question is does anything similar exist for mounting LED cubes in the same manner? Thanks in advance for any help.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think the same mount could be used for cubes.

Reactions: EricG
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the same mount could be used for cubes.
I am thinking the slot for the light should be on top of the bracket as opposed to the side. I want the cube to remain in line with the cage. That being said I don't have cube lights yet so it possible there are ones that mount in that manner. I'm envisioning the cubes mounted sideways if you use that same mount. I know they would still shine forward but I am just trying to keep them out of the front of the windshield. Thanks for the input though.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking it should be bent like a hurricane strap is if you know what I mean.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm thinking it should be bent like a hurricane strap is if you know what I mean.

Could you use the fender bolt that is already there?

29d4e1f5a46b0cba226e913f1b1665f2

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could you use the fender bolt that is already there?

View attachment 59089
Thanks for that suggestion, when I was searching on here I saw some guys do that and in the end I may. Just trying to avoid anything in front of the windshield. I have a guy trying to make a glass windshield that will open up for me and I just don't know what the final design will be and don't want to have to redo something. Just thought if I could keep stuff clear of the windshield it will be the safer route being I don't have the windshield yet. But that is a slick idea to mount them. No glare off the plastics from that?

Reactions: joeymt33
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did the same thing as @joeymt33 did and it works well. If you don’t wrench them down too tight you can adjust them on the fly. There also is NO glare off the fenders. My other cubes are mounded I the front bumper. You could always adjust them the way you want as well.
13c01f521b630d9e9df95f08cc73f2bc

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the same thing as @joeymt33 did and it works well. If you don’t wrench them down too tight you can adjust them on the fly. There also is NO glare off the fenders. My other cubes are mounded I the front bumper. You could always adjust them the way you want as well.
View attachment 59135

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
I'm probably gonna go that route for now. Did you just run the wires down between the cage and the hood then? Thanks for the info as well!

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm probably gonna go that route for now. Did you just run the wires down between the cage and the hood then? Thanks for the info as well!

Sorry buddy, I got busy today at work. Yes that’s what I did. I have a pic I believe of the wires I ran for the back cubes. But the front I did run them down the cage. When u do the top ones by your fenders, make sure u use either a stainless screw (Allan head) or if you use a black one make sure you paint the head to prevent rust.
01701f8f52117d149b232e6b788983c0

advertisement
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry buddy, I got busy today at work. Yes that’s what I did. I have a pic I believe of the wires I ran for the back cubes. But the front I did run them down the cage. When u do the top ones by your fenders, make sure u use either a stainless screw (Allan head) or if you use a black one make sure you paint the head to prevent rust.
View attachment 59137

Thanks man! I appreciate all the info and the advice!

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks man! I appreciate all the info and the advice!

Your quite welcome! Anytime

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!