P1000 LED Light bar and Boss Snowplow

BlueBadger05

BlueBadger05

Oct 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a large light bar (52") and a Boss snowplow on my machine. I also recently installed a dual battery setup with a fuse box, tru iso, and stinger relay to switch it on. Regardless I am getting a dim LED every time I power the snowplow up, down, or side to side.(Its hydraulic) Once I let off the switch, the light bar comes back on to full power.

So.... I realize it is likely from the draw. However, what would you guys suggest I do to eliminate this? Hook the LED Light bar back up to the stock battery since it doesn't draw as much as the plow and is using a different source so it isn't affected by the draw of power from the plow? Or is there another solution?

Any ideas are good ones! Thank you for the help!

Josh

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Post some pics of your wiring please.
Specifically where the plow motor hooks to the battery, and where you have your LED bar hooked.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
BlueBadger05

BlueBadger05

Oct 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The plow is hooked directly to the second battery. However there is a small wire that is hooked to the fuse panel to allow the plow to only turn on when the “master power” switch is on for the secondary fuse panel. This is hooked to a 20 amp fuse.

The light bar is hooked to the secondary fuse panel with a 30 amp fuse.

E170A22B F368 4D14 9BE4 06A624E32937

C2D98476 9FC8 4BF5 9DD6 1B950C52EE36

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you try a heavier gauge wire feeding the snow plow solenoid? Might help with the voltage drop.
Also, you have the plow wiring looped, cut these to length if you can. It will also help with voltage loss.
That might help, but ultimately, you will probably end up putting the bar on the Honda battery to solve the issue.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a hydraulic plow set up and I run dual batteries. I do not use an isolator. All my accessories are controlled through a solenoid and master switch. I'm always using both batteries all the time. This seems to make it start better and provides plenty of power for winching and plowing.

It seems everyone having problems like these also has an isolator or stinger installed.

I personally dont think isolators are necessary especially when you have a master switch or ignition controlled accessories. Combine this with a volt guage and you're set.

I also try to be above idle when either winching the plow up/down or when using the hydraulics. When I stop to back up I shift to reverse first before lifting the plow. Then give slight throttle to start lifting then back up. It may not seem like much but after hours of plowing I believe it makes a difference.

Just my 2 cents worth. I know some will disagree but it's worked well for me for almost 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ToddACimer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!