BOX1

P700 Led lightbar making noise

P

Putty1985

Sep 13, 2019
Fort plain ny
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wired up a 32” nilight led bar to the front of 700. I bought the Honda accessory harness. My lightbar is ran to my switch panel, which is ran to a fuse block. The fuse block is wired to the accessory harness. Whenever I turn the lightbar on I get a very high pitched noise that comes from the lightbar and the voltmeter drops from 14 to 12.4. The rear pod lights I installed do not make any noise, and the voltmeter doesn’t drop at all when they are turned on....all of the lights are wired the same way....any ideas as to why it keeps making this noise?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sounds like maybe wiring problem or faulty light. Unless its just pulling unreal amps. Being led im guessing something with the light. Id expect a few tenths lost from it but not over a volt.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are You turning on the lights with a switch and relay or just the switch, if You are going through switch only the switch may not be rated for enough amperage for light or to small a wire at the switch, switches should be used to trip relays only, accessory power goes through the relay directly from fuse block or battery,,,,,,

Reactions: Slackjaw
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!