P700 UPDATED...Quality heat and noise barrier installed

• Thread starter livefromthetree
  • Start date
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've had a DIY version for the last few years, but not as clean and effective with as much coverage as this one.

Quality heavy duty rubber. Lined up perfectly with center seatbelts, outside seatbelt bolts, dump handle and all 5 seat back bolts. This one is on my 700-2, but they have them for several models.

1st ride was only a couple of miles, but quieter than what I had for sure. Probably because it extends up to the backrests. Too cool to know much about the heat yet but seems like it'll be better than the foam that I had before.

Thx again @trigger and Quick Shield for the recommendation and the quick turnaround.

20220405 163944
20220405 163955
20220405 164009
20220405 170213

20220405 172237

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Nice! Thanks LFT and for the pics too. :cool:
You're the first to get one for the P700 since making one from Glock's 700-4. Looks like it fits good. You should never have to deal with those seat back bolts again unless you want to take it out. Let us know how it does with the heat when the temps warm up. I think they block the heat better than the noise.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nice! Thanks LFT and for the pics too. :cool:
You're the first to get one for the P700 since making one from Glock's 700-4. Looks like it fits good. You should never have to deal with those seat back bolts again unless you want to take it out. Let us know how it does with the heat when the temps warm up. I think they block the heat better than the noise.

It has enough coverage that it has no choice but to block the heat. Should do great. Will update for sure

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The weather finally turned for us. I had 2 days to ride with one in the 80s and one in the high 70s. I was able to run about 75 back road miles.

No doubt in my mind that it is a quieter and much cooler ride with the Quick Shield installed VS my DIY setup that I thought I was completely happy with.

Money well spent Heat Shield — Quick Shield

G

Gizzy_44

Feb 1, 2021
Duhamel, Quebec
Ownership

1. 700-2
Received and installed mine and after 150km of dusty roads,the dust is the same,covered all inside cab,for noise it doent seen any quieter and yes possibly les heat,then again it was only 10degree celcius out that day
after payin in US funds plus shipping it didnt accomplish what its claimed to do.
waiting now to install Mudbuster flares

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Received and installed mine and after 150km of dusty roads,the dust is the same,covered all inside cab,for noise it doent seen any quieter and yes possibly les heat,then again it was only 10degree celcius out that day
after payin in US funds plus shipping it didnt accomplish what its claimed to do.

Sorry to hear that Gizzy. It's never been claimed to eliminate any of it, just reduce and help. Your dust is coming in from other than under and behind the seat. Guaranteed it's blocking heat and noise, maybe not to the degree you expected but there's hundreds of reviews that says it does just that. 🤷‍♂️

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I had one on my p500 and it cut down on the dust,steam baths, heat and noise. Does it eliminate all dust and noise no but it helps a Phuck ton in my opinion. If ya want to be free of dust and less noise stay inside a Jeep or whatever ya drive.

#NTC

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What?!?!?! Dust inside an open air SXS?!?!?!
Also
A US based company wanting you to pay in US dollars?!?!?
What has this world come to?🤦‍♂️

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

Mine is definitely quieter with it installed than without and definitely less heat coming from seat or between seat and backrest. I now probably have 200 miles on it since the install and am completely satisfied with the purchase.

Without a full cab enclosure, the only 100% sure fire way to get less dust is to either pull the entire windshield or at least the top half. This will keep the dust from swirling back inside. I can run a mind shaking teeth jarring obnoxiously loud 43 mph down dirt or gravel with no dust issues in the warm months because I keep the top half off.

I also pull the plastic roof off in summer and add a canvas roof. This makes it even quieter

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you try putting tape over the holes in the skid plate?
If you look under your buggy, you will see holes in the skid plate, cover them with tape and that will help a bunch, and remember…
Pics Or It Didn’t Happen 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!