P500 LED Lightbar Question

M

MidTN

Apr 12, 2020
Middle Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
I'm looking at the 12 inch Tusk LED lightbar kit. It looks like that model pulls 74 watts/6 amps. If that is correct since it is drawing less than 10 amps is it safe to run plug this directly into the Honda sub harness I installed when I added my winch? Is there anything else I need to be aware of if I try to install this myself. I'd really prefer the simplicity of using my accessory sub harness if practical. Any tips would be greatly appreciated...

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
You could probably get by with going straight to the connector but I prefer to use a relay. If you add anything more to that circuit as most people do you will be over loaded.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!