BOX1

LED whips

MX4life320

MX4life320

Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am new to the SXS world but finally found a good used Honda Talon with what I wanted. I want to run LED whips on the back but not sure the best way to get power to them. Currently have 2 Light bars, 1 for front, 1 for the rear already installed from the previous owner. Not sure if there is an accessory plug I can use for the whips or not. Any input would be great.

Thanks

Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have the wiring for them ran from the front, under the hood area, down through where the shifter is, back in a hidden channel in both fenders to my whips. I also have a Bluetooth controller for them and it is located near my shifter.

IngoTheBarbarian

IngoTheBarbarian

Sep 25, 2021
US
I am new to the SXS world but finally found a good used Honda Talon with what I wanted. I want to run LED whips on the back but not sure the best way to get power to them. Currently have 2 Light bars, 1 for front, 1 for the rear already installed from the previous owner. Not sure if there is an accessory plug I can use for the whips or not. Any input would be great.

Thanks
You can order a pigtail from the HondaSXS.com store to draw power from the taillight plug. That's the easiest option.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

Thanks
Ok , 1st , get whips from NoCo . Then a simple crimp connector into your tail light wires and you're done .

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have seen so many of the purchased one fail. I would suggest asking for help with the SXS members to see who has built there own. That might take more of your time but then you know exactly the quality built into your whip. Just a suggestion.

MX4life320

MX4life320

Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How are the light bars being powered? I personally would want all the accessories on a key on power only circuit.
The light bars run to a fuse block in the front, and it looks like split into an accessory plug that runs to the on off switch. but I am not sure if its factory or changed.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I have seen so many of the purchased one fail. I would suggest asking for help with the SXS members to see who has built there own. That might take more of your time but then you know exactly the quality built into your whip. Just a suggestion.
I've built 5-6 sets of my own in various lengths. You will be into it about the same as the cheap Amazon whips if you don't screw up and have to replace anything. When shipping prices weren't insane from China I was selling the pre-made 3' whips for $125 and netting about $15 in profit. The shipping is so much now that I'd have to sell for $200 to make the same $15....

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have gone away from the whips! been through a few sets.
I have gone to a chase lite type of rear lighting on my Talon. tucked away with ability to have backup light, turn signals and brake lights.

Xprite Upgraded 30" Offroad Rear Chase LED Strobe Light Bars w/ Running Turn Signal Brake Reverse Light​

can be found on Amazon

Last edited:
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
The light bars run to a fuse block in the front, and it looks like split into an accessory plug that runs to the on off switch. but I am not sure if its factory or changed.
It's been added. Likely powered by a blue plug or where a blue plug was with 2 wires under the cowl right by the steering column. That would be a good spot to pickup power. Have to remember that if it is indeed being powered by those wires it's also powers the power port in the dash and has a 10 amp fuse. The factory fuse box is in-between the seats so that would be another possible spot. You could run to the battery but as I said I would much prefer a key on only circuit to be safe.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's been added. Likely powered by a blue plug or where a blue plug was with 2 wires under the cowl right by the steering column. That would be a good spot to pickup power. Have to remember that if it is indeed being powered by those wires it's also powers the power port in the dash and has a 10 amp fuse. The factory fuse box is in-between the seats so that would be another possible spot. You could run to the battery but as I said I would much prefer a key on only circuit to be safe.
I'm not a fan of tapping into the wiring harness. If you mean splicing into existing wiring, I've got a dual battery w/ isolator that supplies power to a multi fuse block, that powers all of my accessories , easy to trace down electrical gremlins that way. I will have a key on plug in to operate the winch solenoid, volt meters and the auto back up lights did plug into the factory plug. Hope I didn't get lost on the splicing thing?

Reactions: Blownzuki
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm not a fan of tapping into the wiring harness. If you mean splicing into existing wiring, I've got a dual battery w/ isolator that supplies power to a multi fuse block, that powers all of my accessories , easy to trace down electrical gremlins that way. I will have a key on plug in to operate the winch solenoid, volt meters and the auto back up lights did plug into the factory plug. Hope I didn't get lost on the splicing thing?
He said that there had been a key on fuse box added up front.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I thought these looked like fun to make.
Have a good day

Reactions: ChadD
P

pjones1969

Apr 26, 2021
Allen, Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have gone away from the whips! been through a few sets.
I have gone to a chase lite type of rear lighting on my Talon. tucked away with ability to have backup light, turn signals and brake lights.

Xprite Upgraded 30" Offroad Rear Chase LED Strobe Light Bars w/ Running Turn Signal Brake Reverse Light​

can be found on Amazon
Any tips on wiring this chase light, I don’t want it to have the backup light and I don’t have turn signals, I just want to select a strobe pattern that runs when I turn it on and then have the 2 outer reds light when the brakes are applied

Reactions: ChadD
P

pjones1969

Apr 26, 2021
Allen, Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Any tips on wiring this chase light, I don’t want it to have the backup light and I don’t have turn signals, I just want to select a strobe pattern that runs when I turn it on and then have the 2 outer reds light when the brakes are applied
Just so happened that my chase light was out for delivery from Amazon when I inquired about wiring it, it arrived and I bench wired it to play with it. I ended up not using the turn, reverse or tail light options, I did power the reverse light wire so it does illuminate when the rocker switch is on, the light is red, blue, amber, blue, red, the blues strobe and the pattern can be adjusted by toggling the rocker switch. I ordered the extension but it was not needed for a 2 seater.

https://amazon.com/dp/B0713WD25Z?tag=sxsweb24-20

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just so happened that my chase light was out for delivery from Amazon when I inquired about wiring it, it arrived and I bench wired it to play with it. I ended up not using the turn, reverse or tail light options, I did power the reverse light wire so it does illuminate when the rocker switch is on, the light is red, blue, amber, blue, red, the blues strobe and the pattern can be adjusted by toggling the rocker switch. I ordered the extension but it was not needed for a 2 seater.

Why did you decide not to use the turn, reverse of taillight options? Just curious since I'm entertaining the idea adding one of these.

P

pjones1969

Apr 26, 2021
Allen, Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Why did you decide not to use the turn, reverse of taillight options? Just curious since I'm entertaining the idea adding one of these.
I don't have turn signals, I went with an amber center light instead of white on the chase light since I had already mounted a white led light up high that I can use for backing up in the dark, its not wired to the reverse gear but its on a rocker switch and I just didn't really want to run a wire to the taillight, it wouldn't of been that difficult though. I'm also mounting the chase light down low, right above the airbox cover.

Reactions: CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!