sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you all.

I'm about 97% sure I'll get a right-hand model as I have checked out some new pistols and was able to easily focus on the front sight with both eyes open. Hopefully, it'll be just as clear when I try my current setup with both eyes open. The red dot won't be sharp, but that's no big deal.

Reactions: JTW
R

rickoshea

my 1911 has nice fiber optic sights,makes it easier.my 92 fs doesn't but it's a 9mm,so the thing stays where you point it anyway. my smith and wesson magnums are just for making noise so i don't worry too much about being accurate,and they're more fun for me when i shoot single action anyway.gives me time to reaquire the target anyway.

Last edited:
S

saw1

Apr 17, 2018
Fallon, Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well said.

I never lose sight picture either.

Like you I have to adjust for pistol. No biggie.
I am right hand
I can shoot either. I prefer right if shooting freehand. Need to aim in the leftdue to left eye dominance
I am right handed but left eye dominant and when shooting a shotgun I keep both eyes open and point the gun at what I want to hit. Most of my rifles have scopes that I can adjust the focus for the right eye and several other rifles and pistols have a Red Dot or Holographic sights that enable me to keep both eyes open. With iron sighted pistols I just adjust my stance and sight with my left eye while holding right handed. Years ago when I was learning to shoot clay pigeons with a shotgun, I had a wise friend that watched me shoot and he asked why I was closing one eye. I said that is how I aim, he replied that there is a big difference between shooting at a moving target with a shot shell with a spread of up to several feet in diameter vs a single rifle bullet. Just my experience.

Reactions: 1border4manu

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!