P500 Let's dump our purses out and see......

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Well,not our purses,but let's hear what is carried in your storage boxes mounted on the rear.I'll start'

6-pack cooler with 3 bottled waters
roll of paper towels
linen towel
22cal. revolver +ammo
12 volt compressor and tire plugs
snatch block
winch control
2 20ft tow straps
50ft. synthetic winch rope
2 clevis
a few tools
"in tank" fuel pump [mine quit once]
hatchet
fire ext. and 1 gal. roto-pax mounted on the outside of the box
small jumper cables

Still room left for more items.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well,not our purses,but let's hear what is carried in your storage boxes mounted on the rear.I'll start'

roll of paper towels
linen towel
22cal. revolver +ammo
snatch block
winch control
2 20ft tow straps
2 clevis
a few tools
hatchet
small jumper cables

That’s a good list.

Which spare fuel pump do you carry, can you post a picture or link.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Upload 2020 1 4 10 46 19

Reactions: nctrailboss
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

roll of paper towels
linen towel
22cal. revolver +ammo
snatch block
winch control
2 20ft tow straps
2 clevis
a few tools
hatchet
small jumper cables

I carry most of what you have listed and a few other things as well. First thing in this big a** box I have is two 10" RF subs, all my electrical and an Alpine 200 watt rms amp. Ditch the jumper cables, they're obsolete, get a lithium ion jump pack in a case. Instead of the hatchet, I carry an 18 volt cordless sawzall, 10" blade and spare battery. Have the plugs and compressor but carry a spare as well. Jack and second battery are under the seat. Two Roto Pax's mounted, one for fuel and one for water. Have napkins and stuff in the cargo bag but also carry baby wipes for those really dusty rides (thanks to @PistonHonda for that one). Also carry bug spray, flashlight, wolf snouts, ball hats, rain gear, folding shovel in a case, folding lug wrench, tool kit in a case, spare spark plug, bungees...two coolers fit in the open bed portion, one for food and one for drinks. Used to carry two helmets in there too but never used them so they're in the enclosed trailer now. Have a ton of sh** I carry in there too, it's basically a mobile garage.
Probably more crap that I'm forgetting about right now too and I still have room as well. If I'm pulling the Toad behind me there's a whole list of other stuff that goes in there, grill, canopy, chairs...Other than spare parts and a welder, if I can't save you out on the trail, you've got serious problems.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I carry most of what you have listed and a few other things as well. First thing in this big a** box I have is two 10" RF subs, all my electrical and an Alpine 200 watt rms amp. Ditch the jumper cables, they're obsolete, get a lithium ion jump pack in a case. Instead of the hatchet, I carry an 18 volt cordless sawzall, 10" blade and spare battery. Have the plugs and compressor but carry a spare as well. Jack and second battery are under the seat. Two Roto Pax's mounted, one for fuel and one for water. Have napkins and stuff in the cargo bag but also carry baby wipes for those really dusty rides (thanks to @PistonHonda for that one). Also carry bug spray, flashlight, wolf snouts, ball hats, rain gear, folding shovel in a case, folding lug wrench, tool kit in a case, spare spark plug, bungees...two coolers fit in the open bed portion, one for food and one for drinks. Used to carry two helmets in there too but never used them so they're in the enclosed trailer now. Have a ton of sh** I carry in there too, it's basically a mobile garage.
Probably more crap that I'm forgetting about right now too and I still have room as well. If I'm pulling the Toad behind me there's a whole list of other stuff that goes in there, grill, canopy, chairs...Other than spare parts and a welder, if I can't save you out on the trail, you've got serious problems.
Nice list!Consider an oem fuel pump.Mine let me down once,and I vowed.not again.It's easy to replace on the trail.I like the saw idea.I often have a 14" cordless chain saw mounted in a holder,but I may consider what you are packin'.

Reactions: trigger
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
That’s a good list.

Which spare fuel pump do you carry, can you post a picture or link.
I carry a spare OEM fuel pump.It is easy to replace out on the trail.Mine quit at 120hrs. or so,left me stranded.Won't happen again.

Reactions: Gassygordo
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Some items are in/on the P-5 all the time which I keep in a lockable tool box. Other Items are ride area specific and are dealt with as needed. Here's my list.
In the lockable Husky tool box:
His and Her Half Helmets - First Aid Kit - Fire Extinguisher - Aickar Jump Starter - Rubber Mallet - 3” x 15’ Hi-Lift Tree Saver Strap - Large Shackle - ATV Snatch Block - Motor Oil - Toilet Paper - Nylon Knee Stockings for Snorkel Pre-Filter
Large Ammo Box:
Owner’s Manual - Rechargeable Flashlight - Winch Remote - 12VDC Strobe Flasher - 1.88in x 5yd Duct Tape - Small Roll of Electrical Tape - Pliers - Needle Nose Pliers - Diagonal Cut Pliers - Crescent Wrench - Multi Bit Screwdriver - Ratchet Handle - Socket Set - 3” Socket Extension - Deerskin Work Gloves - Knife
Small Gray Box:
12VDC Air Compressor - Tubeless Repair Kit - Tire Pressure Gauge - Spark Plug - Spark Plug Wrench - Lug Nut Socket - 6 Pair – Nitrile Gloves - 12 - 6” Wire Ties - 2 – 11” Wire Ties - Head Lamp
Also Carried in Back Rack - Depending on where I'm going to ride:
Cooler - 2 Gallon Gas Can - 2 Gallon Garden Sprayer with water (radiator flush) - Other pending necessities
ToolBox

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Some items are in/on the P-5 all the time which I keep in a lockable tool box. Other Items are ride area specific and are dealt with as needed. Here's my list.
In the lockable Husky tool box:
His and Her Half Helmets - First Aid Kit - Fire Extinguisher - Aickar Jump Starter - Rubber Mallet - 3” x 15’ Hi-Lift Tree Saver Strap - Large Shackle - ATV Snatch Block - Motor Oil - Toilet Paper - Nylon Knee Stockings for Snorkel Pre-Filter
Large Ammo Box:
Owner’s Manual - Rechargeable Flashlight - Winch Remote - 12VDC Strobe Flasher - 1.88in x 5yd Duct Tape - Small Roll of Electrical Tape - Pliers - Needle Nose Pliers - Diagonal Cut Pliers - Crescent Wrench - Multi Bit Screwdriver - Ratchet Handle - Socket Set - 3” Socket Extension - Deerskin Work Gloves - Knife
Small Gray Box:
12VDC Air Compressor - Tubeless Repair Kit - Tire Pressure Gauge - Spark Plug - Spark Plug Wrench - Lug Nut Socket - 6 Pair – Nitrile Gloves - 12 - 6” Wire Ties - 2 – 11” Wire Ties - Head Lamp
Also Carried in Back Rack - Depending on where I'm going to ride:
Cooler - 2 Gallon Gas Can - 2 Gallon Garden Sprayer with water (radiator flush) - Other pending necessities
View attachment 174158
Keep em' coming guys.Seems like each of us has something that someone else doesn't.Should give every body some good ideas.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
In the box a flashlight, notebook, and pocket multimeter. In the Strongmade rear basket a Rigid waterproof toolbox with the tools I need to work on the traps, a deadblow hammer, a Stanley Fubar, and my Mojostick (gizmo for picking up shotgun hulls). Other items as needed such as a towstrap, ice scraper. In the gunrack up under the roof a cut down Winchester 1897 for snake season.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
In the box a flashlight, notebook, and pocket multimeter. In the Strongmade rear basket a Rigid waterproof toolbox with the tools I need to work on the traps, a deadblow hammer, a Stanley Fubar, and my Mojostick (gizmo for picking up shotgun hulls). Other items as needed such as a towstrap, ice scraper. In the gunrack up under the roof a cut down Winchester 1897 for snake season.
This let's us know that yours is a "workin P-5"

Reactions: ShotgunClay
ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
This let's us know that yours is a "workin P-5"
Five days a week, all year round. Today we had our monthly sporting clays match, and snow melt produced a wonderful New Mexico mud somewhere between chocolate pudding and flex-seal. When this happens I get to cover most of the course, because the other two guys on the 2000 vintage Mule 550s can't handle the slightest hill.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!