Rear bumper mount
PXL 20201205 222410396

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
(When I can get to it) Mine is going on the factory muffler guard dead center in the molded flat area. I will drill two holes for top screws only, and have the little chrome screw covers to hide the screws. Pics when I can get to it or it didn't happen!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
(When I can get to it) Mine is going on the factory muffler guard dead center in the molded flat area. I will drill two holes for top screws only, and have the little chrome screw covers to hide the screws. Pics when I can get to it or it didn't happen!
I put bolts in my plastic muffler cover and they got so hot they melted the license plate

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put bolts in my plastic muffler cover and they got so hot they melted the license plate
Wow, that's an excellent point. I have not heard of that until now. I wonder what could be done to prevent the screws getting insanely hot. Heat tape over the ends? Or I put it on the tailgate which was second choice.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stuck mine a little higher then askerlro did. I used some factory push rivets and attached mine on the flat spot below the HONDA logo on the tailgate. Personal preference I guess.

Reactions: Lady01
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, well this weekend was the perfect time to get this plate installed. I did put it on the muffler shield and with the concern of other plastic plates melting, idiot me forgot my plate was metal. I first put it on with small short screws with three washers in between the plate and the plastic guard. I rode many times and would stop to feel the screws or plate for warmth, they were cool each time. So then I took it off and added the chrome screw covers (I like a little bling, comes from owning Harleys for 13 years). So it is on and safe, hopefully this summer when it gets hotter, the heat won't be an issue then. Time will tell.

IMG 8714 IMG 8715 IMG 8716 IMG 8717

J

JimB1055

Nov 20, 2018
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This does not interfere with the dump bed. Even with the Honda bumper installed. Been there for several years and no problem with the muffler heat. The tag light has given me no problems either.

IMG 3336

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Mine can be seen in my avatar to the left.

This comment may stir up a few defensive statements -to be street legal a license plate has to be lighted just like cars, trucks, and motorcycles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad for this point. Exactly what needs to be added to make it legal for street use, or does that depend on the state you are in?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Glad for this point. Exactly what needs to be added to make it legal for street use, or does that depend on the state you are in?
As you wrote, it does depend on the registering state but the unspoken secret is motor vehicle statutes generally follow a federal code. There may be minor variations.

For example, the WV statute which I am somewhat familiar with requires all the predictable safety equipment except windshields are not required to use safety glass or be equipped with a wiper.

Additions are turn signal, flasher, and horn kit and three rear view mirrors - inside and both outside, plus a lighted license plate frame. Liability insurance is required, of course.

Simply google your state's atv/utv/ofr registration requirements.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had a really good salesman working for my company many years back. He, his wife, and mine stopped at a little restaurant on the way back from jet skiing. He made good money on commission and was in the curious, and sort of financially inept, habit of buying a new car as often as every six months to a year. Anyway, the subject of relationships coming apart came up. I told his wife she didn't have a thing to worry about unless he slapped a license plate on her butt.

That got a laugh . . . come to think of it, maybe not a bad spot. In NV, we have stickers. Mine's on the back window.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!