Lift kit + front suspension preloader

T

Tackle83

Feb 13, 2014
Hello,

I just got a 700-4 last weekend, and have noticed some of the same issues with the front suspension bottoming out.

I have searched for after market pats to help with this. I have looked for lift kits but i think 3in is a little excessive and replacing the strut will be to once they are available.

I am having one of my engineer friends design a 1.5in lift along with a spacer to pre load the front spring. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested if i go this route, or has a better solution.

T

Tackle83

Feb 13, 2014
I saw that. I dont have the tools to make something but i have friends that can design stuff and send it to machine shops. Im just trying to get more input.

I think with a stiffer front end slightly more travel and larger tires this thing would be amazing. i Love it so far but it can always be better

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Tackle83 said:
I saw that. I dont have the tools to make something but i have friends that can design stuff and send it to machine shops. Im just trying to get more input.

I think with a stiffer front end slightly more travel and larger tires this thing would be amazing. i Love it so far but it can always be better
Agreed,
I would like to see a small lift and a slightly stiffer shock.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
You can make any size spacer you want out of 1.5" water pipe. Fits perfectly.

M

Minnesota Pioneer

Dec 24, 2013
Has anyone experimented with preload spring spacers on a pioneer yet? I'm thinking about making and trying some but not sure what size to start with. Anyone here have enough experience to suggest a certain size?

I was thinking baybe 1" to start with.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I put in 3/4 in mine but I think I will shorten it to1/2. In my opinion it is a lack of compresion dampening not spring rate so even thow it helps it a band ad . I would love to try some front after market shocks but no willing to take the gamble that thay did a better job at tuning the shocks than honda did. Some one will try some for me.
Mine only bottoms when doing something I probly should not have.
If you just trail ride carmly I would go 1/2. riding anything sport like I would go 3/4. I am pritty happy with the 3/4 but I think I could get a little softer ride with 1/2.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!