P700 Lowering Suspension

H

Hill_Climber74

Aug 3, 2023
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
New owner of a 2014 Pioneer 700-4 that will be operated on hilly improved pathways (some asphalt, mostly gravel). I have to turn it around on a 15-20 degree slope. Can’t make the turn without wheel lifting off, thinking vehicle cg needs to be lowered 1-2”. Does anyone sell lowering brackets or shorter shocks?

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure disconnecting anti sway bar would help, maybe make it worse. Lowering suspension would help. different rims with less backspace or wheel spacers would widen you a bit and would help with side hill turning. Is this turn always done the same direction? Empty or loaded? Slow or fast?

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would still suggest unhooking rear sway bar. You do not have to take it off. It is also free. If it does not help hook it back up. It will give you more down travel on the high side keeping that wheel on the ground longer. Might not be what your after but it is free and won't hurt to try.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm pretty new to SxSs at 3 years. I haven't figured out the dynamics yet and what I can get away with. The Talon's 'tilt table' number is 37.3* (it's in the owner's manual).

But I had no idea what that meant 'to me' or even where 37* was. :oops:

So I installed one of these. It turned out I was peeing my pants at 20*. LOL I was recently in a play area and was sidehilling some mounds, my low side tires were still 'on the ground' so I wouldn't be rolling a thousand feet if I made a mistake. :eek: I got 'lurched' further than I intended, something that happens in a dynamic environment, unlike a tilt table's static test. I was able to stop there, assess my situation and look at the Lev-O-Gage, it read 35*. The thing is - I felt completely stable at 35*, even though I was pitched abruptly to that angle. My passenger felt otherwise. :p So there 'might' be more for the taking but I hope to never find out. 👍
I v2gT84s X2

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Smaller, heavier tires. Spread the stance. Disconnecting the sway bar should help, you get more body roll bc it's designed to hold both wheels on the ground. That's great for flat ground, cornering at speed... but in off camber situations, if one wheel drops it wants to lift the other one up. You'll get more articulation with it off. Rollover angle would probably be the same but I have no clue. 🤷‍♂️

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The rear preload comes on the 2nd from full soft, so you can set that down for a bit in the rear. 2014's we're already pretty soft up front.

Have you considered wheel spacers? They widen the stance a bit and give the contact patches slightly more leverage to compress the shocks which, in theory, will cause it to squat/sag more.

Outside of that...there are tires way down from the 25" stockers. 500's have 24" (netting 1/2" of drop, Again, in theory). It all depends on how much you need to keep off road ability.

Also: I think older civics and maybe all Honda cars shared the same bolt pattern as the 500/700, so you could pick up some junk yard steel wheels and run low profile auto tires for some real drop. That way you could keep the OEM wheels for any off road needs.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
New owner of a 2014 Pioneer 700-4
Welcome from Michigan.

Why on earth do u want to lower a SXS besides the obvious your handicapped or starring on little people big world or going full out GDog? My suggestion would be to slow down!

Business is first, when u join/first post we need pics of your rig to be sure u are not a PooPoo infiltrator. After all you joined Thursday and posted this thread 8 min later and havent been back🧐
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

H

Hill_Climber74

Aug 3, 2023
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Michigan.

Why on earth do u want to lower a SXS besides the obvious your handicapped or starring on little people big world or going full out GDog? My suggestion would be to slow down!

Business is first, when u join/first post we need pics of your rig to be sure u are not a PooPoo infiltrator. After all you joined Thursday and posted this thread 8 min later and havent been back🧐
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
Thanks for all of the good advice. Will try disconnecting sway bar and see if it helps. Current tires are 27”, going back to stock should help to.

Great question about why I want it lowered! Bought the machine in order to access my boat dock on Lake Hartwell. It’s a US Army Corp lake and they are super strict on paths connecting lake lots to the water. Paths have to follow topo and can’t excavate to flatten it out. Almost flipped a golf cart on path during a test ride. The Pioneer does it ok but still fills tippy.

IMG 0100

H

Hill_Climber74

Aug 3, 2023
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Michigan.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
Thanks for all of the good advice. Will try disconnecting sway bar and see if it helps. Current tires are 27”, going back to stock should help to.

Great question about why I want it lowered. Bought the machine in order to access my boat dock on Lake Hartwell. It’s a US Army Corp lake and they are super strict on paths connecting lake lots to the water. Almost flipped a golf cart on path during a test ride.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Great question about why I want it lowered! Bought the machine in order to access my boat dock on Lake Hartwell. It’s a US Army Corp lake and they are super strict on paths connecting lake lots to the water. Paths have to follow topo and can’t excavate to flatten it out. Almost flipped a golf cart on path during a test ride. The Pioneer does it ok but still fills tippy.

View attachment 398727
Thats a clean rig.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!