BOX1

P700 lift questions

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know this (beating a dead horse…lol) topic is already discussed in length but during my searches I didn’t find the exact info I am looking for so here are 3 questions about lifting a 2016 model 2”

• What is the difference in ride/height between just installing 2” shock spacers VS the bracket super atv $179 kit which also has spacers?
  • Can I install shocks from another machine to get a 2” lift?
  • Will 2.5” spacers bind the stock axles?
I am not looking for bigger tires at the time for I need towing power and can’t afford a 1000, but on serious terrain my full skid plate bounces off of rocks.

Any info is appreciated!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
They should both be a pretty standard 2" lift. The only reason we have 2 kits is to cover the year difference where they changed up the front end and headlights a bit. The older bracket kit put the shocks right up against the newer placement of the the headlights, so we moved to the shock spacer to keep the same lift and avoid rubbing on the back of the headlights. You'd probably be ok with the 2.5" spacers, but I can't say for sure. You'd get the same effect if you cranked out another 1/5" on your preload after adding the standard 2" lift kits. I've heard both actually even help the ride a little bit.

Reactions: Hickstrong
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The spacers are very easy. The drawback: Your shock has a certain amount of stroke. You spacer occupies an inch or two of that stroke length.

Longer shocks result in a lift. Many of us added the commander shocks and they lifted my machine over 2 inches.

The higher you lift, the greater the angle as you noted in your last question. I am about 5 inches higher than stock. My risk includes the joints on the axles could break especially under extreme reach of the suspension. Also the boots flex more and I watch for tears.

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
The spacers are very easy. The drawback: Your shock has a certain amount of stroke. You spacer occupies an inch or two of that stroke length.

Longer shocks result in a lift. Many of us added the commander shocks and they lifted my machine over 2 inches.

The higher you lift, the greater the angle as you noted in your last question. I am about 5 inches higher than stock. My risk includes the joints on the axles could break especially under extreme reach of the suspension. Also the boots flex more and I watch for tears.
did the can am shocks improve the ride quality? Thanks!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!