William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have become obsessed with wiring lights on my p500 since I put the light bar on the front. I now want to put reverse/ cargo bed lights on the back attached to the cross member the head rest are bolted to. I am thinking though if I go too bright it will blind me loading deer or whatever in the bed. I have my little tusk battery roll bar light pointed out back and it is enough light to load anything, but not so much to back up with. Anyone have any experience with this? Where did you mount them? And how many lumen lights? Pictures? Thanks in advance!

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered these led bulbs and they will be here tomorrow. It said they are 380 lumens. I just wanted white bulbs to match my light bar.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

I tried putting a 10" light bar on my front bumper but it wouldn't fit right, so I hose clamped it to the roll bar in the back. It aims down so it doesn't hit me in the eyes and is more than enough light. I ended up with a 20" light bar in the front, then two little pod lights mounted at the bottom of the windshield. I also bought 12 individual LEDs to install in the wheel wells for rock lights but haven't installed those yet. Oh, and a small LED interior light. I'll add more lights as soon as @mystic1219 develops a switch plate for the P500 that can hold (12) more switches and a few extra lights. Maybe a double-decker, pull-out, flip-down, switch drawer... laser cut and powder coated of course. Would this be considered an addiction too? :rolleyes:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have become obsessed with wiring lights on my p500 since I put the light bar on the front. I now want to put reverse/ cargo bed lights on the back attached to the cross member the head rest are bolted to. I am thinking though if I go too bright it will blind me loading deer or whatever in the bed. I have my little tusk battery roll bar light pointed out back and it is enough light to load anything, but not so much to back up with. Anyone have any experience with this? Where did you mount them? And how many lumen lights? Pictures? Thanks in advance!
I used four of theses 15w Cree units low on the roll cage. They come with a roll bar mount are very small totally out of the way light up at a 120degree angle and total 60w between the four. We had a 72 light bar on our 700 but it never lit up the entire area was way to bright loading wood and people behind hated it. I'm just not a fan of pod lighting. Not to mention it got in the way of multiple accessories and most of the time couldn't be used. These are perfect for anything minus driving lights. We did run wires through the bar but not needed. Image Image Image you can see they light up to the very bottom of the sxs. Nothing escapes them plus they don't stick out in any way to snag anything are very tough aluminum and super thick treated glass so you don't scratch the crap out of the lenses. Very good lights!

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How difficult were they to install, and where'd you purchase them at?
Very easy to instal. Either use the supplied screws or nut bolt that is what I did. They are fairly expensive for there size but here is an eBay link. They pop up at different prices on there all the time and drastically cheaper if you can wait the extra few days from China. I bought 1 to test it but was so impressed with the lighting spread of these that now we have a total of 12 of just this style. They have 9watt and 15 both are good respectively and are Cree bulbs so they will last the 15 are more and worth it. We used multi colored units as well for the rock lights.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 12665
Very easy to instal. Either use the supplied screws or nut bolt that is what I did. They are fairly expensive for there size but here is an eBay link. They pop up at different prices on there all the time and drastically cheaper if you can wait the extra few days from China. I bought 1 to test it but was so impressed with the lighting spread of these that now we have a total of 12 of just this style. They have 9watt and 15 both are good respectively and are Cree bulbs so they will last the 15 are more and worth it. We used multi colored units as well for the rock lights.
You mounted those inside the OEM headlights???

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You mounted those inside the OEM headlights???
No to the roll bar in the rear. Also the sides of the vehicle and underneath the wheel wells. They are so compact and small you can use them for nearly anything I have 6 of the 9 watts mounted in my pick up box along the sides for bed light. I would suggest running the wires through the rear roll cage (make sure to run black silicon in the hole)down to the frame that's where you were back up light switch is located anyway why run them up into the roof and then all the way down when there's a drastically more direct route. Most people connect these either to reverse or separate switch. We have these connected to reverse,switch and when tailgate is down but is more difficult. The easiest is to run it directly to the backup alarm plug located under driver side rear floor board up by the transmission. Both wires are there. It's only a three foot run from the roll bar.

Last edited:
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No to the roll bar in the rear. Also the sides of the vehicle and underneath the wheel wells. They are so compact and small you can use them for nearly anything I have 6 of the 9 watts mounted in my pick up box along the sides for bed light.
I see, thanks CP, but I was referring to Williams headlights picture in which one appears to have OEM bulb and the other led.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No to the roll bar in the rear. Also the sides of the vehicle and underneath the wheel wells. They are so compact and small you can use them for nearly anything I have 6 of the 9 watts mounted in my pick up box along the sides for bed light. I would suggest running the wires through the rear roll cage
I see, thanks CP, but I was referring to Williams headlights picture in which one appears to have OEM bulb and the other led.
that makes way more sense to me now sorry for the confusion I wouldn't of explains so much that I caught on a little sooner :)

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Amazon just type in 881 led bulb. The partsquare and jdm astar brands are the best. They are direct replacement to the stock bulbs. 1 minute installation.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Amazon just type in 881 led bulb. The partsquare and jdm astar brands are the best. They are direct replacement to the stock bulbs. 1 minute installation.
Cool, I'm on it, thank you William!!!

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do not buy the LEDs for the stock headlights! They suck! Sorry for anyone who already has... I went on a ride tonight and they are terrible. They looked good in the garage but are a total waste of money on the trail! Switching back to stock bulbs until I get an hid kit in....

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do not buy the LEDs for the stock headlights! They suck! Sorry for anyone who already has... I went on a ride tonight and they are terrible. They looked good in the garage but are a total waste of money on the trail! Switching back to stock bulbs until I get an hid kit in....

I agree, I purchased some LED bulbs for replacement and they were terrible. Of course, there are a lot of varieties so maybe I cheated out.

Also, I had an OPT7 HID kit and hated it worse. The light pattern was terrible in my P700. See the below pic. It scattered light everywhere except for the trail. It would blind oncoming ATVs as well.

Da23eab263c4a389ade8ed2f7a883b83

Here's a shot down the trail. There's a large dark void down the middle of the trail. I hope this helps you make a decision.

3a0d185e6a7ccb01c91ef6bf075b472d

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I'm going to try a white halogen...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Glad you caught my finger on the "add to cart" button. Ok then, I'll wait for something good to come along.

Reactions: William
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Reactions: William
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Glad you caught my finger on the "add to cart" button. Ok then, I'll wait for something good to come along.
The HIDS do work good. They lay down a lot of light. The housing isn't designed for HID so the light does get a little bit thrown out but they work way better then stock and I never had people flash me even on the street. We've tried a lot of different sets and we always had good luck with Xentec. I'm sure there are a better set but for the money we haven't seen any it's at least a good start point. I keep wanting led to work they just don't have the power yet

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!