Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The HIDS do work good. They lay down a lot of light. The housing isn't designed for HID so the light does get a little bit thrown out but they work way better then stock and I never had people flash me even on the street. We've tried a lot of different sets and we always had good luck with Xentec. I'm sure there are a better set but for the money we haven't seen any it's at least a good start point. I keep wanting led to work they just don't have the power yet
Well, what about what joey says above??

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Image Image The light from mine wasn't that broken up. Like I said they weren't as nice a pattern as the stockies but a lot more light! You could see pretty good. I'll look around and see if I still have photos of them. For the money it's worth a try we run HID in everything we own you can't go back after you've had them. It does seem people have different luck with them that's why I stick to the same ones. You could always return them if it's not for you. this was the only photo showing pattern

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The light from mine wasn't that broken up. Like I said they weren't as nice a pattern as the stockies but a lot more light! You could see pretty good. I'll look around and see if I still have photos of them. For the money it's worth a try we run HID in everything we own you can't go back after you've had them. It does seem people have different luck with them that's why I stick to the same ones. You could always return them if it's not for you. Let me look for pics.
Ok cool, thanks. Did you get them from Amazon, what's the right ones to order and how hard are they to install???

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok cool, thanks. Did you get them from Amazon, what's the right ones to order and how hard are they to install???
I'm an eBay guy. They are direct plug-and-play. Go right in. Takes about 20 min. You have to find a place to put ballast so go with the "slim" set and it'll fit in the headlight bucket very nicely. What I'd do is try one side loosely and see if you like it if not send them back. But make sure to aim the light and look outside rather then in your garage make sure it's right for you. It's about 2 1/2 times the light and won't harm anything at all. The pattern isn't as good but they worked great for us

Reactions: Montecresto
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If I were to buy a set for these it would be these. I had the 700 I see that you have the 500 and I remember a few guys saying something about the cover on the 500. If I remember right it was under "headlight conversion" there was something so look it up to be sure. I think one guy got a bulb that was too long if I remember

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 12989 View attachment 12988 The light from mine wasn't that broken up. Like I said they weren't as nice a pattern as the stockies but a lot more light! You could see pretty good. I'll look around and see if I still have photos of them. For the money it's worth a try we run HID in everything we own you can't go back after you've had them. It does seem people have different luck with them that's why I stick to the same ones. You could always return them if it's not for you. this was the only photo showing pattern

That light pattern looks a whole lot better than what I had on my P700.

I have HID lights on my truck. 4300k in the headlights and 3000k in the fog lights. In my opinion, this is what it should look like when the bulb is built specifically for the housing. No glare and scattered light. When I flip the bright light switch, the pattern changes from low and cut to full distance bright light.

6d1766189570a131df16ea9a7850e762

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That light pattern looks a whole lot better than what I had on my P700.

I have HID lights on my truck. 4300k in the headlights and 3000k in the fog lights. In my opinion, this is what it should look like when the bulb is built specifically for the housing. No glare and scattered light. When I flip the bright light switch, the pattern changes from low and cut to full distance bright light.

View attachment 12992
I absolutely agree that's what they should look like especially on the road. I've put projectors from Audi in housings to get that cutoff but the factory headlights in that machine don't do that so obviously hids installed can't either. If someone put projectors in they could but I think to add a 26 dollar item they work pretty good. Beyond adding that to the headlights led bars are the way to go. The first thing we did to the 700 was hids as with other rigs in my opinion it's a major upgrade and most people would be happy doing it. We have hids in everything from the dirt bikes to our sleds. Even had a 75watt hid flashlight (led better as you know as the draw from that was good for an hour was all) The Xentec seemed fine way better pattern the what was showed. It was scattered a bit but it really was drastically better more depth and better flood. For the average person working on a budget they would be great and anyone else even with good LED lighting they are better and now match the led. To each his own I think for this kind of money it's worth a try and just return if not no harm no foul. I'm sure you'd agree with me on that. Most people don't expect a cutoff in the light for under 30$ with only a 20 minute install. Ive noticed the bigger the stock housing the better they work. In a projector they are incredible! However I wouldn't want a cutoff for off road the would suck over anything rough you'd lose your beam a lot. That's the only reason I didn't do it to the 700. I might just say screw it and redo the headlights on the 1000 just to show how it's done but I know it's more work then its worth it but I know that going in. A projector for low beam with 35hid and replacement LEDs for high would do the trick

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The led bulbs I bought are very bright, but don't project far at all. Maybe 7-10 feet... Past that and you may as well turn them off and drive in the dark...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The led bulbs I bought are very bright, but don't project far at all. Maybe 7-10 feet... Past that and you may as well turn them off and drive in the dark...[/QUOTE I've seen a few sets better then that but yes never been impressed. It's hard to get that kind of light from led with just an inch hole in the back of your light but before long they'll get it and be all the rave. Technology triples every 18 months like everything more power smaller space

advertisement
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My new halogens will be here Monday. I got some off eBay. Will try them out and report Monday!

Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york
Led is the way to go if u ask me I run a 22" bar it's 200w up front and a 4x4 on the rear for back up and it's all I need I never use the head lights anymore

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Led is the way to go if u ask me I run a 22" bar it's 200w up front and a 4x4 on the rear for back up and it's all I need I never use the head lights anymore View attachment 13169 View attachment 13170
I think I'd agree with you maybe you didn't read the whole thread all we were talking was updating headlights which for 26 bucks you can at least have your headlights match your LED and actually help if you see attached photo you'll see I believe in LED as well. But you might as well fill those yellow holes with something you can see by Image

Last edited:
Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york
I think I'd agree with you maybe you didn't read the whole thread all we were talking was updating headlights which for 26 bucks you can at least have your headlights match your LED and actually help if you see attached photo you'll see I believe in LED as well. But you might as well fill those yellow holes with something you can see by View attachment 13177
No I read it I just feel my head lights are always getting covered in mud and you gotta stop and clean them so u can see and after doing this a lot it dulls and scratches the lens.. But hey what's the point of a forum if someone can't share there thoughts

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No I read it I just feel my head lights are always getting covered in mud and you gotta stop and clean them so u can see and after doing this a lot it dulls and scratches the lens.. But hey what's the point of a forum if someone can't share there thoughts
You can:) and I'm sorry I didn't mean any negativity. I was simply saying for the money it's worth doing. Plus they actually take less amperage then stockies so it gives you extra juice for your other lights. Led bars are the way to go I can't imagine going back to halogen fog lights like the old days. Could you even imagine how many chrome fog lights from Walmart it would take to equal a 200 flood LED? Omg lighting options has opened up for us in the last ten years.

Last edited:
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want my headlights to match my light bar and be halfway decent because when I'm riding with other people I have to turn the light bar off bc it blinds them.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I think these halogens will do the trick. They have a silver coating on the tip for some reason. They are actually brighter than the stocks and seem like they are going to project far enough. Garage pics are tricky but I won't be able to test them in the woods til next weekend. Stock on passenger, new on driver side
Oh and they are whiter than stock

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stock on passenger new on driver side

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both new

I moved the game cart Image

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Do not buy the LEDs for the stock headlights! They suck! Sorry for anyone who already has... I went on a ride tonight and they are terrible. They looked good in the garage but are a total waste of money on the trail! Switching back to stock bulbs until I get an hid kit in....
Can't agree more with you. I purchased them as well and they are not worth sh.... I had them ordered before seeing this post, ho well..... I am still looking for what would be a decent replacement. If you look at the original Halogen bulb, it has some sort of a magnifier on the tip so the replacement has to have this as well. The HID does not have that so there is no projection and since the headlight housing does not reflect the light properly, you have to ensure light is projected from the tip of the bulb. The LED I purchased had that but not strong enough, it was projecting no more than 20 feet... I found a bunch of 50W bright wither halogen replacement but they all have paint or something covering the tip so it would not work. The only one I found with a clear tip was a 100W and I am afraid that would melt the wiring and the housing.
If you find something, let us know. I'll do the same on my side.

Reactions: William
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!