Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks or the info. I also have a spare and ice chest on the back. I also have neck problems, so this will help with backing and also help with keeping track of my trail buddies.

Reactions: Tflynn
SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Definitely, now to decide where to install. I was thinking down low, as it would be easiest to wire, but i don't really trust the waterproofing on the cheap China camera and suspect the first water crossing and it'd be pooched. Also I'm about to embark on building an exhaust silencer, and if i didn't waterlog it, pretty sure i'd melt it with the additional exhaust heat. So that leave up on the ROPS, which will be a super big pain to fish in new wire, but not seeing much other options, now to track down some decent quality RCA coax, and some thinner power wires to get everything back there.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't see how you managed to tighten the bolts holding on your switch panel unless you had help.. I would recommend pop rivets next time you have it off

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't see how you managed to tighten the bolts holding on your switch panel unless you had help.. I would recommend pop rivets next time you have it off

*MAGIC*

LOL, I removed the windshield, and am 6'6" tall, was able to do it just fine on my own. Though, there was MUCH cursing lol. Pop rivets might be an option, but I'd still need to get behind to put a washer for the pop rivet to bite on to, that plastic in that area of the dashboard is anemic at best.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
That had to been challenging... yeah I agree the plastic is weak but the larger pop rivets have worked well for me with no washers. Although I'm about to be drilling them out to add more lights and switches to my rig

T

Tri2hunt

Oct 30, 2017
The Woods
Ownership

1. 700-4
The back up camera sounds like a cool addition.
Nice setup on the lights and switching.
I suggest riv-nuts or nut-serts, they are called something like that, as a way to attach the switch panel and have the ability to remove it when needed without the difficulties.

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
The back up camera sounds like a cool addition.
Nice setup on the lights and switching.
I suggest riv-nuts or nut-serts, they are called something like that, as a way to attach the switch panel and have the ability to remove it when needed without the difficulties.

Ya unfortunately the plastic is too flimsy, I will probably do a mounting ring behind it and tap it. I'll probably leave it until I need to get back in there, so whenever I get around to building the cab, and heater

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice! I would hire you to do mine, distance makes it unavailable! I have been up there, "Rainey Lake" at "International Falls", Great Scenery.

CaptainFlash

CaptainFlash

Sep 12, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
So from the accessory harness that goes to the relay from the relay to the fuse box what the powers it on, then from the fuse box to the switches from the switches to the accessories.. right?

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I finally got the new mount for my light bar built, and all the lights mountedl Took some pics for reference.

Started with a cardboard template, then cut these 2 plates out of some 1/4" mild steel plate with the bandsaw and grinder, then drilled.
View attachment 40487

Took a chunk of 2x2x3/32 square tubing and tacked between the brackets, here's a fit up test before welding and drilling for the light.
View attachment 40488

Light mounted. still can open the front window a bit, and can still add on a front rack later on if i want.
View attachment 40489

Rear floods mounted.
View attachment 40490

Have to pickup another fuse block as I used the one I had earmarked for this project on the boat last week, will post more updates as I progress.

Where has everyone else ran the wiring for rear lights? I was thinking down and under all the way up to under the front hood, but am open to suggestions.

Cheers
Im
Going to run mine on the inside of the ROPS as once hunting season is open the undercarriage will be exposed to rice, soybean straw, mud, etc.

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im
Going to run mine on the inside of the ROPS as once hunting season is open the undercarriage will be exposed to rice, soybean straw, mud, etc.
Good morning from East TN. I am just starting this wiring and accy. Gig. I know I need to add another fuse block, but how do I determine if I need a relay as well ?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!