Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I am still wanting a large light bar. Just to supplement the 12" that I have on the bumper, but after looking more into the tax on the charging system I find myself leaning toward this one...
It's only 240w and I'm digging the look...

View attachment 206773 View attachment 206774
At night with that bar, headlights, 8 cube lights, cb and underseat fan and an extra full size optima, my voltage drops to low 12's. The bar is only usable if your leading or need to light up a mountain side. Smaller full perimeter lighting and something like a 20" RC or decent quality bar would be my recommendation in SE terrain. Most of the ebay, amazon lights do not put out close to what they claim.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was you bottom points pushed inward as far as possible?View attachment 207006

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
What he said. Mine looked like yours till they bent. I have a 5500lb winch and was winch up a pretty step vertical rock face when the bumper tweaked. I could figure out what moved till I saw a post from JTW and checked mine and I sure enough bent the tab. I have purchased some box tube and plan to make the top mount similar to the stock bumper to add a lot more strength. I will share when I get it done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Redone

Redone

Nov 14, 2018
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry I’m a little behind on the forum but here is a pic of my light bar for you @Caddy I can run all my lights together with no issues. I have 10 under body rock lights 2 bumper flush mount lights and the light bar up top. It is mounted below the top line of the roof so branches may rub across it but the roof takes the brunt of it. I prefer it up top because at night I can look at my machine and not be as blinded its not right in your face also when behind an atv on the trail it’s like they are ride in daylight lol. I get away with running all these lights (haven’t mention the 3 light bars on the rear) because I put the largest marine battery I could squeeze under the seat. We go to Tennessee for a week and run lights at night then during the day the solar panel mounted in the divot of the Honda roof charges the battery for me.

563A09BA 5771 465C 8236 5028B1755694 205A7E57 9DCD 4783 8E6F E048E206BA27 5DE13C93 532D 4E78 B994 2D2782A73F39

Reactions: Caddy and TripleB
S

Showmecamo

Jun 5, 2020
St. Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone know by chance where I could purchase a "drop in" switch panel for my P1000-3?
Any ideas would be appreciated-thanks!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know by chance where I could purchase a "drop in" switch panel for my P1000-3?
Any ideas would be appreciated-thanks!
@Hondasxs can make you want you want I bet.

S

Showmecamo

Jun 5, 2020
St. Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am interested in purchasing. How do recommend I proceed? Thanks.

advertisement
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an amazon 52" curved. It has worked flawless for 2 years and is insanely bright. my voltage drops to 13.7ish when I run it on both batteries. IMO, you need to figure out what you use your light bar for and how much you use it to justify which bar is best for you. Rigid is the probably the best, but insanely over priced for what you get imo. They are brighter, but offer no real advantage over my 100$ one. I am sure they will last longer, but I can buy 10 of the one I bought for one rigid.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Many thanks. In case you cannot tell, I am not very tech savvy. I will give him a try! Thanks again!
Ill send you a message.

I enjoy making custom kits. However currently sales are booming and i can not allot any time to custom builds.
Be glad to help you as much as i can tho.

Thanks @Neohio. always lookong out for me with a mention.

J

JTW

Ill send you a message.

I enjoy making custom kits. However currently sales are booming and i can not allot any time to custom builds.
Be glad to help you as much as i can tho.

Thanks @Neohio. always lookong out for me with a mention.
I mentioned you too...

Reactions: Mudwing
Caddy

Caddy

Jun 14, 2019
Rosewood, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an amazon 52" curved. It has worked flawless for 2 years and is insanely bright. my voltage drops to 13.7ish when I run it on both batteries. IMO, you need to figure out what you use your light bar for and how much you use it to justify which bar is best for you. Rigid is the probably the best, but insanely over priced for what you get imo. They are brighter, but offer no real advantage over my 100$ one. I am sure they will last longer, but I can buy 10 of the one I bought for one rigid.

I don't have the second battery yet, but plan to put one in... We do a lot of night riding, sometimes I lead sometimes I don't. We do a lot of hill climbing, also while exploring new trails... Hence needing a lot of light. My intention is to not use it constantly, just when I need it. I'm also, planning light pods for filling in the gaps and for side lights, rock lights and whips. The only ones I intend to use with constantly would be the whips and the 12" bar on the bumper, possibly the pods too... I know that it sounds light a lot for the electrical system but I'm not looking to be a light show! lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!