P1000 Light bar recommendations

S

samson7x

Dec 4, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm looking to add a 50" light bar but don't want to pay Rigid prices. Anyone have success with less expensive brands? Ebay specials?

Thanks.

L

Logan

Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I have ran Chinese bars on my sxs for years. Not the same quality. But work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Auxbeam X seris also has DRL's
20171025 183532

Reactions: Eltobgi
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking to add a 50" light bar but don't want to pay Rigid prices. Anyone have success with less expensive brands? Ebay specials?

Thanks.
I bought rigidhorse off Amazon and it's been great. Comes with a one year warranty and the price is right.

It's a 52 inch flood spot combo I paid around 160 bucks.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
SuperbriteLeds is very reasonable. $149 for a 50” straight dual row bar

L

Logan

Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Just swapped out a Ali-express bar for this one off amazon. Same thing. I just wanted a cleaner look so I grabbed this 52” curved. A68b897e598cab1bce41bc9f567cd7cc

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
THe Chinese bars are nothing like the more expensive brands. The biggest difference I can tell is in a Long wide open area. In the woods they are all bright. Get in a big field and turn on a rigid, vision-x, etc. next a Chinese one. Not even close to the same. With that said I bought a stingray for this sxs and it’s pretty good. Better than Chinese but not rigid. But when I’m riding fields at night I can spot deer hundreds of yards away.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
THe Chinese bars are nothing like the more expensive brands. The biggest difference I can tell is in a Long wide open area. In the woods they are all bright. Get in a big field and turn on a rigid, vision-x, etc. next a Chinese one. Not even close to the same. With that said I bought a stingray for this sxs and it’s pretty good. Better than Chinese but not rigid. But when I’m riding fields at night I can spot deer hundreds of yards away.

Right there with you if I was putting a lightbar on something where I needed to see hundreds of yards ahead of me like a truck or desert machine. I’d be buying Rigid or KC or one of the better brands because their reflectors and LEDs are no comparison to the SE Asia knockoffs.

For woods riding though a $40 40” light bar is fine for me. Cheap to replace if I break it.

Reactions: joeymt33 and nbomar
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right there with you if I was putting a lightbar on something where I needed to see hundreds of yards ahead of me like a truck or desert machine. I’d be buying Rigid or KC or one of the better brands because their reflectors and LEDs are no comparison to the SE Asia knockoffs.

For woods riding though a $40 40” light bar is fine for me. Cheap to replace if I break it.

I hear ya. I just wanted to make sure OP understood there is a difference you get for all that money. It depends on what you are using it for. People that say their $40 Light is as good as a $700+ Light are sadly mistaken.

S

samson7x

Dec 4, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thanks for the insight. The cheap ones will likely do just fine for me. In large fields, we cut the lights off and run thermal night vision anyway so that's not a big deal.

At this point I'm leaning toward the mictuning bar. I've seen it mentioned several places and it gets good reviews.

DeeDeeLin

DeeDeeLin

Jul 14, 2016
N.C.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a Rigid 20inch 7,500 lumens cost of WAY TO MUCH. Cannot say anything bad about it. My last 3 Lightbar have been on the cheap side, 1-30,000 lumens 2-7000lumens. Cannot say anything bad about them. I cannot tell the difference. I'm sure there is some but I cannot tell the difference. I will say this, buy as much Lumens as you can, when I turn on 30,000 lumens it is like night and day.

S

samson7x

Dec 4, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a Rigid 20inch 7,500 lumens cost of WAY TO MUCH. Cannot say anything bad about it. My last 3 Lightbar have been on the cheap side, 1-30,000 lumens 2-7000lumens. Cannot say anything bad about them. I cannot tell the difference. I'm sure there is some but I cannot tell the difference. I will say this, buy as much Lumens as you can, when I turn on 30,000 lumens it is like night and day.

Thanks, I ended up ordering the mictuning 50" for $79 so we will see how it does.

M

MitchMan

Nov 14, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just swapped out a Ali-express bar for this one off amazon. Same thing. I just wanted a cleaner look so I grabbed this 52” curved. View attachment 59658

Where did you get the brackets for your light bar? Do they just go in where the bolts are on your roll cage?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I am changing my opinion...Amazon crap all has noise in it or makes noise when its on. Reflectors are crap and the LEDs don't draw 5w each they draw about 1/2Watt each. For a quality solid light bar I am going with Rough Country/KC as the standard I will accept as a quality light bar. The Rough Country has been SPECTACULAR vs my amazon specials, in light and beam quality.

Rigid may be better but seeing as I just made a 400-500% cost increase over a amazon special to RC or KC I can't make a 400-500% increase over those to Rigid unless maybe if I was desert racing where I needed to see half a mile ahead I could but not for East of the Mississippi.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!