P500 Light Bars: Placement, Brands, Bracket Types

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
I am wanting to install a light bar on my P500. I found some really good deals on Amazon for some that I would like to get, but I am wondering where exactly to put one. I like the looks of them being on the roof. Although I do a lot of trail riding and sometimes there are some low lying limbs etc and I do not want it to get ripped off or broken. If I mount one on the stock brush guard I am afraid it will get to much water and mud all the time. I will have a roof and front windshield installed. Also, depending on where I put it I assume, what type of brackets do I need to mount it. I don't want to do any drilling or anything like that. Can someone post a link? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I dont like the top mounts. But turn it upside down just under the roof looks nice. Thats where I may be putting my light bar this go around.

CBC89

CBC89

Aug 8, 2015
I am wanting to install a light bar on my P500. I found some really good deals on Amazon for some that I would like to get, but I am wondering where exactly to put one. I like the looks of them being on the roof. Although I do a lot of trail riding and sometimes there are some low lying limbs etc and I do not want it to get ripped off or broken. If I mount one on the stock brush guard I am afraid it will get to much water and mud all the time. I will have a roof and front windshield installed. Also, depending on where I put it I assume, what type of brackets do I need to mount it. I don't want to do any drilling or anything like that. Can someone post a link? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I have mine mounted on the top of the roof, I do a of trail riding and hunting and have had multiple limbs hit it. No problems so far, I ordered the 32" off amazon for like 40 bucks used are their hardware and its tough as nails. Doesn't budge. I think you would really have to hit it hard to mess it up or break it off in my opinion. My buddy has his mounted under the roof on the rollbar and you don't have windshield it works fine except that he is tall and sometimes hits his head on it when riding rough trails. If you had the windshield I could see it being a terrible glare. Hope this helps

Reactions: Wxbee
Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
I have mine mounted on the top of the roof, I do a of trail riding and hunting and have had multiple limbs hit it. No problems so far, I ordered the 32" off amazon for like 40 bucks used are their hardware and its tough as nails. Doesn't budge. I think you would really have to hit it hard to mess it up or break it off in my opinion. My buddy has his mounted under the roof on the rollbar and you don't have windshield it works fine except that he is tall and sometimes hits his head on it when riding rough trails. If you had the windshield I could see it being a terrible glare. Hope this helps
That was really helpful. I appreciate it.