P1000 Light Truck Tires???

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Has anyone thought about running light truck tires on their rig?? I was thinking about the Arisun Aftershock XD tires, but I can get some 30" truck mud tires cheaper.

I'm thinking these for my summer tires when I'll be driving the highway a bit more than normal.
Imagesashxi4WD SAM50

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What's the weight of those tires?

It would definitely look cool

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I'm not sure if you've ever had swampers before or not, but make sure you get the radial version. The bias ply take a long time to get back to being round after they've been sitting. At least with our jeeps when we used to run them.

Reactions: dotman1
Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
I was looking for something similar when I cam upon another member running these. I'm sold. Also have a limited background, but familiar with jeep/bronco tires. My buddy recommended BFG/AT's. Until I t ld him I wanted at 14/28 tire.

Reactions: CashMoney
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I just remembered swampers in bias ply being so out of round they could shake the fillings out of your teeth until they warmed up and got round again. Great tires though other than that. I've always been happy with bfg stuff on my old jeeps.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I was looking for something similar when I cam upon another member running these. I'm sold. Also have a limited background, but familiar with jeep/bronco tires. My buddy recommended BFG/AT's. Until I t ld him I wanted at 14/28 tire.

View attachment 10797
That reminds me of the OG goodyear MTR's that worked great for years, at least the tread pattern anyways

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
That reminds me of the OG goodyear MTR's that worked great for years, at least the tread pattern anyways
Don't even have the bike yet, and I look at a picture of this tire every day. While I sit at the desk in my office.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas

View attachment 10797
I saw those and a couple others that I liked, but I'm not sure how well they would do in any type of mud. I plan on running tires like this for my summer tires when it's not raining as much and I'll be going down the highway for a few miles.

Does anyone have any experience with the Tensor tires in mud? Not like mud bogging, just like dirt roads after it rains or the edge of a field after it rains.

Reactions: dotman1
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I'm not sure if you've ever had swampers before or not, but make sure you get the radial version. The bias ply take a long time to get back to being round after they've been sitting. At least with our jeeps when we used to run them.
Yeah, I'm staying away from bias tires as much as possible.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that was what im planing to do when I find the wheels that will not make it any wider I run a set of nextang mudstars (a copy of the old gumbo mudders) on a reeper that we had 31.1050 x 15 did not hurt it at all if anything it helped i think that they come in a 235/75/15 and if i'm not mistaken they are around 28" tall need to check but having a problem finding 15" wheels that dont make it any wider

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
that was what im planing to do when I find the wheels that will not make it any wider I run a set of nextang mudstars (a copy of the old gumbo mudders) on a reeper that we had 31.1050 x 15 did not hurt it at all if anything it helped i think that they come in a 235/75/15 and if i'm not mistaken they are around 28" tall need to check but having a problem finding 15" wheels that dont make it any wider
ITP hurricane wheels are made in a 15. The ones I posted up top. MSA I think makes a few in 15.

Reactions: pct
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
DestinationMT

These Firestones look good as well. Several people around my area run them. 235/75r15 = 29.1/9.3 r15 at 39 Lbs $137.29

ImagesqtbnANd9GcRkweq V RoUrf3lB 6nijisH8LQcImZZ2bAezevjHidBajBFLp

Federal Cougaria 235/75 r15 37.3 lbs $121.73

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw those and a couple others that I liked, but I'm not sure how well they would do in any type of mud. I plan on running tires like this for my summer tires when it's not raining as much and I'll be going down the highway for a few miles. I just ordered a set in 28" I'll report when they get here

Does anyone have any experience with the Tensor tires in mud? Not like mud bogging, just like dirt roads after it rains or the edge of a field after it rains.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ITP hurricane wheels are made in a 15. The ones I posted up top. MSA I think makes a few in 15.
most I have found are a 5/2 offset which will make the 1000 2" wider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!