P1000 Light Truck Tires???

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I was looking for something similar when I cam upon another member running these. I'm sold. Also have a limited background, but familiar with jeep/bronco tires. My buddy recommended BFG/AT's. Until I t ld him I wanted at 14/28 tire.

View attachment 10797
I would love to run a tire like this stock size or maybe one size bigger but wont it weigh a lot and really bog the machine down? I notice on my polaris 700 I went up one tire size and noticed a huge difference in performance I can only imagine running a truck tire would really be a lot heavier and cause performance issues??????

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I would love to run a tire like this stock size or maybe one size bigger but wont it weigh a lot and really bog the machine down? I notice on my polaris 700 I went up one tire size and noticed a huge difference in performance I can only imagine running a truck tire would really be a lot heavier and cause performance issues??????
From what I've herd from people running 30s or 28s they didn't notice much power loss on these 1000s. They don't weigh much more/less than bigger tires made for a sxs.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Looking for some input from y'all. Which would look better on truck tires? STI HD4s or ITP Hurricane wheels?

Sti hd4 wheel

Itp hurricane wheels 250

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I'm thinking I'll be going with Federal Cougaria tires

ImagesqtbnANd9GcRTHMvQhnLhrWFVBR7wAU PcfVr7aHHVO5nqEfN172crq0sMLEt

Possible Firestone Destination MTS

Upload 2016 2 29 16 52 11

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the Tensor regulators. Very little time on them just mounted Saturday. But the ground is real sloppy with frost coming out 2" of slop on top of ice. They hook up and throw mud good. I only put a mile on as I was tearing up the field. My concern with actual truck tires is how stiff they are since there designed for alot more weight. These with 8psi have a little bulge and still flex.

Reactions: dotman1
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I've got the Tensor regulators. Very little time on them just mounted Saturday. But the ground is real sloppy with frost coming out 2" of slop on top of ice. They hook up and throw mud good. I only put a mile on as I was tearing up the field. My concern with actual truck tires is how stiff they are since there designed for alot more weight. These with 8psi have a little bulge and still flex.

Good to hear! I've wondered about them in the mud.

I looked at the Tensor tires, but I'm kinda cheap that's why I am looking at truck tires lol. I can get the Federals for $466 at my door vs $628 for the Tensors.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to hear! I've wondered about them in the mud.

I looked at the Tensor tires, but I'm kinda cheap that's why I am looking at truck tires lol. I can get the Federals for $466 at my door vs $628 for the Tensors.
Right on, if you pull the trigger I'll be interested in the review, never a bad thing to save some money

Reactions: dotman1
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Right on, if you pull the trigger I'll be interested in the review, never a bad thing to save some money
I'm trying to decide on wheels. I like the 2 I posted earlier, but can't decide which I like better. Both are about the same price. If all goes well I'll be able to buy the tires Friday.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm trying to decide on wheels. I like the 2 I posted earlier, but can't decide which I like better. Both are about the same price. If all goes well I'll be able to buy the tires Friday.
I like the sti myself.

advertisement
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I like the STI wheels too! I was considering them when I was looking also. Killer wheel!)

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This might not be a problem on a sxs but I had the Federal Cougaria tires on my f150 super crew and after the first year they started splitting. Didn't have many miles on them either.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
This might not be a problem on a sxs but I had the Federal Cougaria tires on my f150 super crew and after the first year they started splitting. Didn't have many miles on them either.
Thanks, good to know! If they do split after a year or so it won't really hurt my feelings, I'm getting the tires just over $100 a tire. If I have to replace them next year I'll spend a little extra and get some better tires

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
what size did you go with and where did you get them can't wait to see them on your 1000

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!