P500 Loading a Deer in Cargo Box by Yourself....

P

PioneerPapaw

Oct 6, 2017
N. Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Killed a deer this AM, and my Buddy was not coming to help....I liked to have never got that thing in the box.....have to rig something up with roll bar and ratchets or pulleys or something?

Anyone already figured out how???

Reactions: nbomar
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Killed a deer this AM, and my Buddy was not coming to help....I liked to have never got that thing in the box.....have to rig something up with roll bar and ratchets or pulleys or something?

Anyone already figured out how???
Congrats on the venison! Tasty meals ahead.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They sell a portable deer hoist at Walmart or any sporting good store.. lift it up then back under it.

Or put your front tire on a tree, drive up it to where you’re straight up on the rear bumper, strap the deer to the bed, then back down. Wah lah.... lol...

Reactions: Rustell
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I installed a winch on back of the rollbar on my Dad's SXS for him to get deer into the bed. I have a hitch haul for mine and it is close enough to the ground you put half in at a time and is pretty easy. But I know what you mean I struggled last year getting a buck into the bed of a Kawasaki mule.

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I hope to have that very problem comes Saturday morning! I've been thinking about that has well. Maybe a snatch block to a tree branch and use the winch to lift?

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
I know of 2 good options..they make a bar/boat winch that goes in the hitch.
Winch deer up, turn top arm them lower deer down into cargo area. This works but is slow. What I did is buy a Polar brand trailer that tilts. Has 4 wheels on a walking axle that you can pull about anywhere you would dare take the p5..i bought the large one. Have hauled 2 deer at a time through creeks etc..works great but wasn't cheap and it does take space if you have to haul both. I can drive from house so hauling isn't a problem. Good luck fellas. I too hope to have that same problem this weekend.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I use 2 lengths of rope.tie them both to deer,throw over limb of tree .use 1 to pull deer up and tie the other rope around tree.now release the rope that pulled deer up and just back under hanging deer.

Reactions: Gassygordo
Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know of 2 good options..they make a bar/boat winch that goes in the hitch.
Winch deer up, turn top arm them lower deer down into cargo area. This works but is slow. What I did is buy a Polar brand trailer that tilts. Has 4 wheels on a walking axle that you can pull about anywhere you would dare take the p5..i bought the large one. Have hauled 2 deer at a time through creeks etc..works great but wasn't cheap and it does take space if you have to haul both. I can drive from house so hauling isn't a problem. Good luck fellas. I too hope to have that same problem this weekend.

Is this it?
Polar Sport HD Tilt / Pivot Rear Dump ATV Trailer - 91295, Towing & Trailers at Sportsman's Guide

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I use a block and tackle system similar to this: Cabela's SP<sup>T</sup> Hoist and Gambrel System : Cabela's

I fasten a line to the top block, which is then thrown over a sturdy limb on a tree.

That line is then used to pull the top block into position and secured by tying around tree.

With a short loop around base of antlers, the deer is then hoisted against tree with butt just off the ground

I like to field dress in this vertical position as well, much cleaner than on the ground

When ready to load animal, back sxs to tree, grab hind legs, position and secure to machine.

This system has worked great year after year, as long as you have trees where you hunt.

Deer

Reactions: PioneerPapaw
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't say how it would work on the 500 without the tilting bed. But I put a whole cow elk in the back of my 700-4 by running the winch line over the front and middle bars. With the bed tilted down it pulled her right in the front seat with me. Easiest elk I've loaded in a while. This wasn't my idea but a thread I came across on the forum.

G

GTS1953

Aug 11, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I used a set of these straps a few weeks ago during our muzzle loader deer season. They worked well.

Home

L

lil_country

Feb 7, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I had the same problem. Had back surgery recently and loading it was not an option. I ended going back to camp and getting the trailer I haul the 500 on. I looking at something like this - Rage Powersports DEER-HOIST-SWIVEL 360 Degree Swivel Hitch Mounted

L

lil_country

Feb 7, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Trying to load my deer during muzzle loader season after a recent back surgery caused me some pain for several weeks. I decided I don't want to do that again so I built this. Used scrap I had laying around including parts of an old tree stand.

IMG 4353 IMG 4354 IMG 4355

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!