Long travel

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know of a long travel suspension kit for the pioneer 1000? I know this is more of a utility machine but I think it would be bad ass with more suspension travel. That being said I must say I have only hade my p1k5 for about two months and have done a good bit of trail riding and I am very impressed with it this thing climbs hills like a goat on crack even with four people stuffed in it. Hats off to Honda. Sure there are other sxs A lot faster but they can’t haul 5 ppl or 18 bags of corn and still preform very good

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does anyone know of a long travel suspension kit for the pioneer 1000? I know this is more of a utility machine but I think it would be bad ass with more suspension travel. That being said I must say I have only hade my p1k5 for about two months and have done a good bit of trail riding and I am very impressed with it this thing climbs hills like a goat on crack even with four people stuffed in it. Hats off to Honda. Sure there are other sxs A lot faster but they can’t haul 5 ppl or 18 bags of corn and still preform very good
Negative! For those from Reo Linda thats…No there is not!
There are 2 long travel P1’s and they were custom made and a very big precise modification job. Theres just not a market for it. the cost would be ridiculous and theres other machines that achieve this buy just buying the machine.
The best you can do is some aftermarket arms, some shocks, tires and some spacers

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Texas tough makes a long travel kit for p1000

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw that but reading abt it I was a little confused do you or anyone you know run that kit?
I've seen a few people post about them on the fb page. I haven't heard anyone say anything bad. most guys seem to love them. My trails are narrow I dont wanna be any wider or I would've already done it

D

DDDonkey

I had TTC on the front of my pioneer and it was a solid kit, very well built and heavy duty. Call them and the owner will answer all your questions, Jarred is a good quay to work with!

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a little before and after. I love the TTC long travel kit. I did manage to break the arms twice but I'm probably harder on it then anyone. No problems getting them warrantied. I ended up upgrading to 3/16 Dom tubing for the main tubes. I modified it so it would sit lower but still have a longer shock then factory. Only 2.5" longer then the pioneer shock. 72" width is great in the rocks and on the trails. I slightly miss the narrow track width of the pioneer however I dont miss the ride lol.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Dezrik what's the latest on your machine? I caught a brief mention of a head-on and an insurance claim, but nothing else.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Dezrik what's the latest on your machine? I caught a brief mention of a head-on and an insurance claim, but nothing else.
Still slowly putting it back together. Insurance paid out $15700($15300 after deductible). I opted to pay the machine off and get the major parts ordered it needed to drive it again. I haven't made any progress on it though been too busy with my two full time jobs 😳. I did manage to get the a-arm tabs welded back up and put weld washers on the top a-arm brackets.

20211006 184159

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that I did all that welding to fix it, Im cutting it back off to run the snuffnwiskey front a-arm brackets to beef it up further and hopefully never have a problem with those brackets again.

advertisement
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So after getting your payout, you bought it back from insurance? I've heard a lot of people say insurance is setting buybacks so high no one does it (?)

It didn't get totalled, the insurance company wanted to get it repaired, the shop quote was $15700 to repair, $200 from the totalling number. It was based off full replacement value $20,300 (for a 2021).

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So after getting your payout, you bought it back from insurance? I've heard a lot of people say insurance is setting buybacks so high no one does it (?)

Saw on another post you were looking for a Update, My Machine Is going back together. Unfortunately Ive been held up by Backordered parts but Parts are finally showing up that I ordered in September! Redesigning my Rear shock mounts because these are much wider (I believe 3" Springs vs 2" Springs and the bodies are bigger) and longer then the previous shocks and these are setup for my machine weight. The old bandit shocks were spec'd out for a Polaris General and only had one adjustment. The new shocks have 3 adjustments :). In about a week I Should have the front end redone!

273772437 1353070458523127 5905856835143253373 n 255023054 4628907953855810 624938950680955317 n

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you replacing your whole TTC kit with Snuff's parts, or just the brackets? Wondering if TTC replaced them if broken in an accident.

How do you figure to come out after the payout?

I went with the 2-bolt front end setup with my TTC kit (not long travel.) I also cracked a set of front arms. TTC has since gone to the 3/16" dom for all kits

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im not sure if TTC Would of warrantied the arms after the wreck but I just happened to order new arms a week or two before because my front arms were cracking (and I had him build them in DOM .095, Which I paid for) Snuffn figured out the TTC Arms should bolt to his frame side brackets (At least in theory still haven't confirmed 100%). Everything else is TTC but Jared made me a flat upper arm (Which caused tie rod clearance issues). To correct the tie rod issue I may rebuild the upper arms. (It barely kisses the arm, rubs the paint but hasn't rubbed a noticable spot in the tubing itself) I Probably should of started with snuffnwiskeys design as it works but the Estimated cost scared me away.

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!