P500 Looking for a front bumper

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
I have seen the strongmade front bumper and the one from Honda, but does any one know of any other brands? Also. does any know where to get the stock one that comes on the P500?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I have only seen the ones you have mentioned. For the stock unit I see a few on Ebay.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I have seen the strongmade front bumper and the one from Honda, but does any one know of any other brands? Also. does any know where to get the stock one that comes on the P500?

I have front and rear bumpers from Bison. They look great and are very functional. On the front the winch will need to be mounted in the lower position. I have not mounted the winch. Rear bumper is awesome protection.

Bison front  20151024 083339 Bison rear  20151024 083353

Last edited:
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R

I have front and rear bumpers from Bison. They look great and very functional. On the front the winch will need to be mounted in the lower position. I have not mounted the winch.
I have front and rear bumpers from Bison. They look graet and very functional. On the front the winch will need to be mounted in the lower position. I have not mounted the winch. Rear bumper is awesome protection.

View attachment 15274 View attachment 15275

Here's another picture of the front bumper from a bit of a side view. Also a pic from the whole view with the front and rear as well all the Dabomb windshield and Honda roof and backpanel.

Bison front side  20151024 083805 Front roof  20151031 130119

Last edited:
Reactions: ehart814
advertisement
Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
If you put the Honda brush guard bumper on, you have to take off the stock bumper. That's why I have one collecting dust.
My stock bumper actually got bent up when I pulled a guy out. I don't usually pull from there, but was in a hurry didn't think about it,

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I have both the front and rear Bison bumper. Well built. The front adds protection to that exposed radiator and looks pretty damn cool. if you plan to install a winch, you will have to use the Honda winch mount bracket(not cheap but the only one that will fit with this configuration. I also have a 3000lbs winch. For the winch install, you are limited to winch size because of the restricted space with an under mount. 3000 lbs winch got me out a few jams no problem so I don't feel I needed to go bigger. Carry a snatch block and a tree strap...

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I have both the front and rear Bison bumper. Well built. The front adds protection to that exposed radiator and looks pretty damn cool. if you plan to install a winch, you will have to use the Honda winch mount bracket(not cheap but the only one that will fit with this configuration. I also have a 3000lbs winch. For the winch install, you are limited to winch size because of the restricted space with an under mount. 3000 lbs winch got me out a few jams no problem so I don't feel I needed to go bigger. Carry a snatch block and a tree strap...
That would be my only concern..I have a viper 3500lb winch now mounted above...sort of like that because it's easy to get to. Decisions, decisions-lol

Reactions: Seg
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There's none better than Strong Made, IMO, and you save the cost of a winch bracket, it bolts right to it!!!

Reactions: Bandit and Seg
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I think I would get the Bison if the "bison" guard on front was not there...My winch actually protects the radiator somewhat...I just hate to put that winch low and spend the extra for the Honda mount. I like the strongmade but it looks heavy and the front suspension on the 500 is not great to begin with...is it pretty heavy?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think I would get the Bison if the "bison" guard on front was not there...My winch actually protects the radiator somewhat...I just hate to put that winch low and spend the extra for the Honda mount. I like the strongmade but it looks heavy and the front suspension on the 500 is not great to begin with...is it pretty heavy?
I think someone weighed it at 30 pounds.

Reactions: SBuckJ
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Can the plate on the Bison bomper that protects the radiator be remuved to allow for the winch to stay on the opper mounting position. I like the guard very much and sense u have one u could let me know if it is possible to do some small modifications to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SBuckJ
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Can the plate on the Bison bomper that protects the radiator be remuved to allow for the winch to stay on the opper mounting position. I like the guard very much and sense u have one u could let me know if it is possible to do some small modifications to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks in advance.
I couldn't get a winch to fit behind the Bison because it angles towards the hood so it leaves little space. You would have still only 5 1/2 inches between the rad protector and the bumper frame tube and 8 1/2 inches between the tubes if you were to remove the plate. So you're stuck with the under mount option with the Honda mounting plate. I can still unlock and pull my winch cable by stretching over the hood if you're stuck in the mud. helps if someone is holding on to your feet :) ....With the weight of the winch lower, it helpswith the high CoG somewhat. I did write to Bison about their bumper shortfall. Unfortunate since it offers good protection and after having done a lot of bush wacking, it is well built...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My stock bumper actually got bent up when I pulled a guy out. I don't usually pull from there, but was in a hurry didn't think about it,
I remember when you did that. You could pull your buddies out all day with a StrongMade!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!