Looking for an awning

J

JTW

So I’m lookng for an awning for the enclosed. If anyone’s knows of or sees anything out and about holler at me. The closer to central KY the better.

Trailer is 24’

A57C3BB0 6967 4D57 9FA1 C79CFF59527C

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don’t mess around and go power. Less problems down the road and normally I don’t say that but I got sick of the bs.
Both bus and camper van I bought new off eBay and haven’t an issue. Awning is one of the few things I won’t cheese out on a camper.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Don’t mess around and go power. Less problems down the road and normally I don’t say that but I got sick of the bs.
Both bus and camper van I bought new off eBay and haven’t an issue. Awning is one of the few things I won’t cheese out on a camper.
You’re saying go with a powered awning? That will be difficult with the finished interior. I was thinking manual pull down would be less troublesome.

Reactions: Plumber32
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of length are you looking for?
I'd suggest making sure your support arms are at least on the the trailer structure.

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You’re saying go with a powered awning? That will be difficult with the finished interior. I was thinking manual pull down would be less troublesome.
I don’t know exactly why there’d be much difference. Just the power wires aren’t tough to run either way. Comes out the bottom of the arm on just the right side.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This is what I’d go with, if you looked around you could probably find cheaper, you’ve got a clean slate on the side so go wide as possible, no regrets later. Comes complete. Has awning light too, not a big deal because it’s cheap separately but can be a pain to install, it’s already in this.
Spendy but worth every penny, you’re wife will thank you!
Btw you will need a fabric channel for the camper either way. They are more expensive online then Camper place locally because of the shipping.
Also you can trim the roller up to about 3” to line up with wall studs if needed. Custom fabric cut to exact is reasonable as well.
1AA76170 E98F 440F 92A6 75118899FE59

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
So I’m lookng for an awning for the enclosed. If anyone’s knows of or sees anything out and about holler at me. The closer to central KY the better.

Trailer is 24’

View attachment 160970
Not sure how much you want to spend but Amazon has a good selection of manual awning at reasonable prices.

J

JTW

What kind of length are you looking for?
I'd suggest making sure your support arms are at least on the the trailer structure.
I’m thinking 16-20’ just depends on what kind of deal I find.

J

JTW

I don’t know exactly why there’d be much difference. Just the power wires aren’t tough to run either way. Comes out the bottom of the arm on just the right side.
If the power wire comes out the bottom it’s not too big a deal. My issue would be running inside the walls. They’re all seamed sealed and and 3M taped. It will be more trouble than it’s worth... but if I could run it under the floor then no problem.

J

JTW

Not sure how much you want to spend but Amazon has a good selection of manual awning at reasonable prices.
That’s where I’ve mainly been looking... need to research brands though.

J

JTW

camping world and rv forums might be a source if you want to get real reviews
Yeah, I’m an hour from camping world in Bowling Green, Ky. Just getting the word out if someone runs across something. I looked briefly last night on some rv forums and then came here. I’m not sure what I’m looking for just yet as I don’t know what are good brands vs problematic. Nor do I know what a new “good” brand costs vs the cheaper lines.

I do know I want 16-20’.. prefer a white frame and if I’m being really picky- gray/white or black/white canvas

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!