P500 Looking to Buy Part 2 P500

banjobart

banjobart

Dec 8, 2015
East Lansing, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I am in the same boat and spent an afternoon yesterday calling many dealers in southern Michigan. Half of them had great advertised prices but when I called the "Out the Door" price (OTD) was one or two thousand dollars more than the advertised price. Add freight, assembly , documentation, etc. WTF? I called Honda East in Toledo and their price is one thousand dollars off retail list on the 2017 P500 with no hidden fees, just add tax and title. I will buy from Honda East Toledo for sure in the spring. I know this biz and nonsense. I have bought 23 motorcycles, mostly new from dealers, since 2004 and I operate a wholesale manufacturing company for a living. Money talks and bulls*** walks. Bart out.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Seems like a lot of powersports dealers just don't get it. They've got one chance to make a good impression and they blow it with their sales tactics. I bet most of them wouldn't like it if the tables were turned on them, like if they went to buy a car or pickup.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I am in the same boat and spent an afternoon yesterday calling many dealers in southern Michigan. Half of them had great advertised prices but when I called the "Out the Door" price (OTD) was one or two thousand dollars more than the advertised price. Add freight, assembly , documentation, etc. WTF? I called Honda East in Toledo and their price is one thousand dollars off retail list on the 2017 P500 with no hidden fees, just add tax and title. I will buy from Honda East Toledo for sure in the spring. I know this biz and nonsense. I have bought 23 motorcycles, mostly new from dealers, since 2004 and I operate a wholesale manufacturing company for a living. Money talks and bulls*** walks. Bart out.

Well i'm sure I don't need to tell you, but holding out as long as possible will probably get you the best deal. Sounds like you know what to look for... in my area, most of the dealers will waive the freight/destination charge pretty easily. Of course, my local dealer would not (morons). As many dealers as I've dealt with, the conclusion that I come up with is that there must be A LOT of suckers out there just waiting to be taken advantage of - and the dealers know it.

halla

halla

Nov 7, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I priced my at Honda East in Toledo, they did have a great price, everyone else had advertised crap prices. I bought from a family friend, but if they wouldn't have been able to get the Pioneer, I would have gone to Honda East.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
My dealer....
Honda Sports
Farmington, NM
lived down the road
threw me the keys
...said ...no rush
take it for the weekend
...which I did.

S

Stoneman

Sep 30, 2016
Maggie Valley
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Just to let folks know what I just paid for a Red 2017 P5. We live in Western NC and the local dealer, 15 miles away, had every fee and tax you can imagine and little room for dealing. Ended going to Chattanooga to buy one, 200 mi!es away. Picked it up yesterday (12/15/16) out the door for the P5 was $8,799. I had them install the Honda winch for an additional $735. (Winch= $270, Working=$207, labor=$200+ $62tax). Total for all of it was $9540.
The sales guy, Kevin was very knowledgeable and honest as to what I really needed and what the first service should cost. This is important because I have to go to the dealer that couldn't come close to this price for service. If your anywhere near Chattanooga check them out. Honda of Chattanooga. 423-855-5055 ask for Kevin. By the way the auto shifts really smooth compared to the manual only!
Stoneman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!