Lost paper work

E

Eagle2011

Apr 16, 2017
Mayflower,AR
Ownership

1. 500
ok so I live in Arkansas and I bought my pioneer 500 in 2016 brand new from the dealership. Instead of going and getting it registered like I should’ve done I put it off and put it off. I now want to trade in the 500 and have lost all the paper work to get it registered and thats the only thing holding me up. I know I can go to the dealership and get copies of everything BUT can they reissue me a certificate of origin? Or can they order a new one? I’ve read some post on Honda’s website saying they can’t send you a copy after 12months. So would that apply to a copy of the original or they can’t send you another one period? I’ve asked a few people on Facebook and I’ve had people tell me that I should be able to pay a small fee and the dealership should be able to order me another one. If anyone on here has experienced this can you give me some in-site on if the is even possible? Kinda freaking out because I’ve came across a really really great deal on a side by side and I’d hate to have to pass it up due to my dumb misplacement.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I would just go back to the original dealer and start there with getting it straighten out. Whomever that dealer is doesn't need to know intent, but be prepared this is likely to take time to resolve and would be surprised if resolved in one trip to the original dealer.

Reactions: Mudwing and swsebek
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Kinda freaking out because I’ve came across a really really great deal on a side by side and I’d hate to have to pass it up due to my dumb misplacement.

If this other side by side you are interested in is at a dealership, then you could explain the situation and they may have some flexibility in treating it as a "lost certificate/title", but I'm no expert on how it may work in Arkansas...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
ok so I live in Arkansas and I bought my pioneer 500 in 2016 brand new from the dealership. Instead of going and getting it registered like I should’ve done I put it off and put it off. I now want to trade in the 500 and have lost all the paper work to get it registered and thats the only thing holding me up. I know I can go to the dealership and get copies of everything BUT can they reissue me a certificate of origin? Or can they order a new one? I’ve read some post on Honda’s website saying they can’t send you a copy after 12months. So would that apply to a copy of the original or they can’t send you another one period? I’ve asked a few people on Facebook and I’ve had people tell me that I should be able to pay a small fee and the dealership should be able to order me another one. If anyone on here has experienced this can you give me some in-site on if the is even possible? Kinda freaking out because I’ve came across a really really great deal on a side by side and I’d hate to have to pass it up due to my dumb misplacement.
As of about 5-6 years ago, Honda would NOT issue a duplicate MCO. I spent some time trying for my old 2002 Foreman to get it registered in AZ. I even had all the original paperwork. How much the age of my unit had to do with it (if any), i don't know. I'm a big fan of states that title these things for that reason...

Reactions: BWAF and Smitty335
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
They won't issue a MCO certificate of origin past like 6-12 months. As I am in Arkansas and going through the same thing. You will have to get a trooper to come verify vin, then you will have to do a bonded title and get the bonded paper work filled out. Then you go to revenue and pay late fee I think up to max 500 dollar on late fee then taxes as well.

Reactions: Landman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!