Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I increased preload 3 times and on the last time I was at 2.5" front and 1.5" rear. I liked where it was as far as ride height, but it was like 95% compressed at the top of coils and it rode so much worse. We generally carry two large coolers plus tools, etc. which is why I went with 300 lbs springs on the back. With the new coils, I only had time to guesstimate the preload when I first installed them and I've lost about 5/8-3/4" height, but it rides so much better. I'm sure I could increase preload to gain that back without hurting ride quality.

I don't think anything is going to completely remove the top heavy feel, but getting rid of the dual rate springs is a big improvement. I'm also running 1" spacers on the front and 2" on the back which makes it feel more stable.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll take a pic of my receipt unless @Ragnar406 or @GlockMeister bas it handy
Here was the spring rates of the stock fox shocks

Upload 2019 12 5 12 33 14

P1000m5 - GlockMeisters P1K5 Build Continues

J

jakewolf1

Apr 27, 2019
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got mine at summit ...2inx14in front 250lbs QA1 Brand.
Rear 3inx14in 275lbs Eibach
How much preload are you running with the QA1 springs? I am at 1” from the lock ring to the black part of the fox shock above the threads. I have a dual battery setup as well. Thanks

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much preload are you running with the QA1 springs? I am at 1” from the lock ring to the black part of the fox shock above the threads. I have a dual battery setup as well. Thanks
2in front and about 2.5 in the back...

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I increased preload 3 times and on the last time I was at 2.5" front and 1.5" rear. I liked where it was as far as ride height, but it was like 95% compressed at the top of coils and it rode so much worse. We generally carry two large coolers plus tools, etc. which is why I went with 300 lbs springs on the back. With the new coils, I only had time to guesstimate the preload when I first installed them and I've lost about 5/8-3/4" height, but it rides so much better. I'm sure I could increase preload to gain that back without hurting ride quality.

I don't think anything is going to completely remove the top heavy feel, but getting rid of the dual rate springs is a big improvement. I'm also running 1" spacers on the front and 2" on the back which makes it feel more stable.
You still running that set up? How's it holding up? Any excess wear and tear because of the 2" in the rear?

Thanks!

Reactions: Isaiah
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You still running that set up? How's it holding up? Any excess wear and tear because of the 2" in the rear?

Thanks!
Yep, still running it and everything seems to be holding up fine... although, I've only got about 2k miles on it, so that has a lot to do with it.

Reactions: JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!