Mack's Pines thread

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took the family on our P1K-5 and my Rincon to Mill Creek at the end of May. We found it to be too rough to our liking and the main pipeline easement access trail to the north has been blocked so there is a lot of state highway riding to get to the red and blue loop trail heads now. Also have read as I recall the Red loop has been closed. As Smitty has stated, it was probably a lot better when there was dirt between the rocks and the bottoms weren't giant rig swallowing mudholes. We like the area and are now wanting to get some current info on the trails around Mack's Pines for a fall run. Are they still decent or have they been chewed up?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I took the family on our P1K-5 and my Rincon to Mill Creek at the end of May. We found it to be too rough to our liking and the main pipeline easement access trail to the north has been blocked so there is a lot of state highway riding to get to the red and blue loop trail heads now. Also have read as I recall the Red loop has been closed. As Smitty has stated, it was probably a lot better when there was dirt between the rocks and the bottoms weren't giant rig swallowing mudholes. We like the area and are now wanting to get some current info on the trails around Mack's Pines for a fall run. Are they still decent or have they been chewed up?
Mack’s Pines is mighty fine, so is Lake Greeson/Kirby trails which are a couple hours closer to you too…..👍

Reactions: Pilgrim
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Monty! Thanks for the plug for Mack's. We have considered the Bear Creek club ride but want to go later in the year for some cool weather camping. We really enjoyed the scenery and terrain of the Ozarks and don't mind the drive if the trails are good.
Be careful on those black trails... We know how sideways those can go:eek:!

Reactions: JenElio
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Hey Monty! Thanks for the plug for Mack's. We have considered the Bear Creek club ride but want to go later in the year for some cool weather camping. We really enjoyed the scenery and terrain of the Ozarks and don't mind the drive if the trails are good.
Be careful on those black trails... We know how sideways those can go:eek:!
Howdy brother…Yeah, I’d prefer it for later and camping as well, but the rides original sponser has hunting considerations so it will not happen….😉

Last edited:
Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
We rode Mack's Pines area last weekend as that's our primary riding spot. The actual trail system is chewed up in places but not as bad as Mill Creek trail system. We ride the area but not the actual trail system that often. There are several other trails outside of the trail system in that area that are very nice trails. My opinion is there is a lot more land and area to cover in Mack's Pines than Mill Creek. We can ride 120 miles in one day and not touch the same trail. Use that map that I shared with you. It shows all of the legal trails in that area.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
there are still trails around that blocked portion of the pipeline ( note that section was quite fun and challenging) The Forrest service has been out at Mill Creek doing trail maintenance, smoothing out the Blue trail and building up the water breaks. they do this about every 4-5 years and it take another 2 before the trails get good again.

Reactions: Josh97stang
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We rode Mack's Pines area last weekend as that's our primary riding spot. The actual trail system is chewed up in places but not as bad as Mill Creek trail system. We ride the area but not the actual trail system that often. There are several other trails outside of the trail system in that area that are very nice trails. My opinion is there is a lot more land and area to cover in Mack's Pines than Mill Creek. We can ride 120 miles in one day and not touch the same trail. Use that map that I shared with you. It shows all of the legal trails in that area.
Thanks Josh! I will pull it up and look through them. Real time info is exactly what I was looking for as most of the posts on the area are rather dated.
there are still trails around that blocked portion of the pipeline ( note that section was quite fun and challenging) The Forrest service has been out at Mill Creek doing trail maintenance, smoothing out the Blue trail and building up the water breaks. they do this about every 4-5 years and it take another 2 before the trails get good again.
Good to hear they are working some of the trails over. We were on the blue less than a quarter mile and realized it was way worse than what I'd want to take my family on, especially without friends if things went sideways. I still want to make it to the big rock ledge in pictures of Mill Creek.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks Josh! I will pull it up and look through them. Real time info is exactly what I was looking for as most of the posts on the area are rather dated.

Good to hear they are working some of the trails over. We were on the blue less than a quarter mile and realized it was way worse than what I'd want to take my family on, especially without friends if things went sideways. I still want to make it to the big rock ledge in pictures of Mill Creek.
Mill Creak sucks and I live 45 minutes from it, I don't ride it"s, pure crap. We used to be able to ride the whole White Rock mountain range, that was great. Not so any more. Guess thats good for the crazies, but i'm on the verge! HA! Use 4WD when off roar as much as possible to prevents soil erosion and keep trails open.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh97stang
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you send me the map you use? I'll be there next week.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just checking in guys!

Reactions: EMAW
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just checking in guys!
This was an awesome trip. We definitely need another Arkansas trip. The family loved Macks Pines but the trails both east and west look like fun. I'm certain we will visit the Ozark national forest again. Macks Pines would be worth a trip in the summer to see how different it is in winter

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
This was an awesome trip. We definitely need another Arkansas trip. The family loved Macks Pines but the trails both east and west look like fun. I'm certain we will visit the Ozark national forest again. Macks Pines would be worth a trip in the summer to see how different it is in winter
Agreed, had a blast out there when we went and some of the most beautiful scenery.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed, had a blast out there when we went and some of the most beautiful scenery.
Same here. We were there last weekend and stayed in the mobile home. Fourth time there overall, but first time back in two years. Rode the far north trail for the first time, following the creek for most of it. Rode about 60 miles between Friday afternoon and Saturday.

PXL 20220501 005510725 PXL 20220501 004318387

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Same here. We were there last weekend and stayed in the mobile home. Fourth time there overall, but first time back in two years. Rode the far north trail for the first time, following the creek for most of it. Rode about 60 miles between Friday afternoon and Saturday.

View attachment 332914 View attachment 332916
That's a good sunset picture.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!