P1000 Makin' memories - Nightrider Edition

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My oldest (5) came and asked daddy for a special adventure after putting up her dinner and cleaning up her toys.
I said, "let's roll," climbed out of my la-z-boy, and grabbed the P1K5 key.
On our walk outside amidst the bugs, fresh cut field, and stars she said, "daddy will you hold my hand" - see, she was scared of the not too long, yet dark, walk to the shop. Hand in hand we walked as she told me she wanted to go somewhere special she had never ridden to. I thought to myself for a minute, then decided on a spot down the county road a few miles where there is a bridge and a slow winding, picture frame-worthy creek.
We fired up and headed out. I made memories with my daughter. I shared a few hours of her life that I didn't surrender to an IPad or Disney show. She laughed, smiled, and talked to her daddy the whole time. She polished up on her driving skills while I forgot about work and other things that consume my mind while at home. I appreciated the bullfrog that hopped across the slowly cooling, still warm country asphalt. We watched a doe move through a pasture, cautiously avoiding giving away her already revealed location. We simply hung out and spoke about what was going on in her tiny, yet infinitely expanding world. So much yet to learn, yet so much still to teach myself. I always learn more from her than she from me. Appreciate the small things, slow down, get out, and go make a memory.
IMG 20160713 211628253
IMG 20160713 213244907
IMG 20160713 213445867
IMG 20160713 213529934
IMG 20160713 213630645

D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
Amazingly put. I have a two year old. And there's nothing better than those few minutes with me and her riding and laughing while she points out birds and cows and horses. Seems to give a whole new perspective on things watching her face light up about the simple things we adults take for granted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well put! I had my first child when I was 44. She is 6 now and we hang out all the time. Yesterday we went to the creek at my favorite riding trail and spent couple hours catching salamanders, crawfish, and minnows. When I was little we played in creeks just like that. I'm glad she enjoys doing the same thing. A nice break from TV or her tablet.
IMG 20160713 094231003 800x450
IMG 20160713 094239543 800x450

IMG 20160713 094239543 800x450

X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
My oldest (5) came and asked daddy for a special adventure after putting up her dinner and cleaning up her toys.
On our walk outside amidst the bugs, fresh cut field, and stars she said, "daddy will you hold my hand" - see, she was scared of the not too long, yet dark, walk to the shop. Hand in hand we walked as she told me she wanted to go somewhere special she had never ridden to. I thought to myself for a minute, then decided on a spot down the county road a few miles where there is a bridge and a slow winding, picture frame-worthy creek.
We fired up and headed out. I made memories with my daughter. I shared a few hours of her life that I didn't surrender to an IPad or Disney show. She laughed, smiled, and talked to her daddy the whole time. She polished up on her driving skills while I forgot about work and other things that consume my mind while at home. I appreciated the bullfrog that hopped across the slowly cooling, still warm country asphalt. We watched a doe move through a pasture, cautiously avoiding giving away her already revealed location. We simply hung out and spoke about what was going on in her tiny, yet infinitely expanding world. So much yet to learn, yet so much still to teach myself. I always learn more from her than she from me. Appreciate the small things, slow down, get out, and go make a memory.View attachment 18265 View attachment 18266 View attachment 18267 View attachment 18268 View attachment 18269
That should be on the home page of Honda's website!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We fired up and headed out. I made memories with my daughter. I shared a few hours of her life that I didn't surrender to an IPad or Disney show. She laughed, smiled, and talked to her daddy the whole time. She polished up on her driving skills while I forgot about work and other things that consume my mind while at home. I appreciated the bullfrog that hopped across the slowly cooling, still warm country asphalt. We watched a doe move through a pasture, cautiously avoiding giving away her already revealed location. We simply hung out and spoke about what was going on in her tiny, yet infinitely expanding world. So much yet to learn, yet so much still to teach myself. I always learn more from her than she from me. Appreciate the small things, slow down, get out, and go make a memory.View attachment 18265 View attachment 18266 View attachment 18267 View attachment 18268 View attachment 18269
Others need to here this one out. That right there is what life needs to be sometimes!! Awesome awesome story I'm so happy you two got to experience that it's the little things sometimes. So much better then going out with a buddy! Awesome!

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Very nice write up.

I think that will be something that she will remember for the rest of her life.

Memories of little things like that are what I remember and cherish most about my parents.

Reactions: 500
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well put! I had my first child when I was 44. She is 6 now and we hang out all the time. Yesterday we went to the creek at my favorite riding trail and spent couple hours catching salamanders, crawfish, and minnows. When I was little we played in creeks just like that. I'm glad she enjoys doing the same thing. A nice break from TV or her tablet.
View attachment 18276 View attachment 18275

View attachment 18274
@Delton that would be a great water pic for the month! I think there should be a section for just this stuff. Sometimes it would be nice to go to a thread on here that makes you smile every time!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!