• Thread starter The_pioneer_machinist
  • Start date
T

The_pioneer_machinist

Feb 2, 2018
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys I'm looking for a good light truck tire for my 1000-5. The maxxis trepador looks really good and it should last a while on the road. Utv's are legal on the roads in Tennessee. I'm wanting something I can use driving back and forth to work and still be able to go where I want to go. Thinking 235\75\15 like everybody runs. Does anybody know anything about these? Clearance issues stock suspension?

https://www.4wd.com/p/maxxis-lt235-...pgrfCqGUMUA-htcE7u_5QoP6EHWoYyFBoCLmgQAvD_BwE

Reactions: Isaiah and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys I'm looking for a good light truck tire for my 1000-5. The maxxis trepador looks really good and it should last a while on the road. Utv's are legal on the roads in Tennessee. I'm wanting something I can use driving back and forth to work and still be able to go where I want to go. Thinking 235\75\15 like everybody runs. Does anybody know anything about these? Clearance issues stock suspension?

https://www.4wd.com/p/maxxis-lt235-...pgrfCqGUMUA-htcE7u_5QoP6EHWoYyFBoCLmgQAvD_BwE
P1000 - BFG KO2 Tires on 15" rims?

BFG KO2 Tires on 15" rims? Here is all the info you'll need

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from WV I ran 235/75/15 mudstars on problem with stock setup they would touch ever so often in a hard bind

Reactions: Isaiah and BWAF
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only problem with truck tires are the weight I got tired of looking and went with the tusk warthogs haven't got to try them out yet
hoping to get to soon

T

The_pioneer_machinist

Feb 2, 2018
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only problem with truck tires are the weight I got tired of looking and went with the tusk warthogs haven't got to try them out yet
hoping to get to soon
did the weight really affect the performance? I just want something that won't wear out going up and down blacktop.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not with the 235s they were close to the same weight as factory I was running 31/10.50/15 federal tires at almost 70lb each wasn't a power issue it was very hard to stop and that is to much weight to run for what the drive train can take in my opinion I don't like breaking things
out in the middle of no where HaHa

Reactions: BWAF
Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that it's been a couple years, does anyone have experience with these tires? Just asking specifically about the Trepador Radials. I can't find a listed weight online for the 235/75r15 either.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Those look great, but too expensive

There is a set on amazon that looks similar:

For the difference in price, i'd probably go with the amazon ones. They have great reviews too. I went with Federal Couragia like @BWAF did and am happy with them. The Federals can be had for $100 or less each. I recommend having balance beads put in the tires for a smooth ride on the road.

Reactions: Napaul and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not with the 235s they were close to the same weight as factory I was running 31/10.50/15 federal tires at almost 70lb each wasn't a power issue it was very hard to stop and that is to much weight to run for what the drive train can take in my opinion I don't like breaking things
out in the middle of no where HaHa
You have superatv a arms in a lift to get 30 ones under there

Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those look great, but too expensive

There is a set on amazon that looks similar:

For the difference in price, i'd probably go with the amazon ones. They have great reviews too. I went with Federal Couragia like @BWAF did and am happy with them. The Federals can be had for $100 or less each. I recommend having balance beads put in the tires for a smooth ride on the road.

I have seen the Trepadors for over $200 each, which I consider too much, but I have also found them for around $160 each, which I would be willing to pay for the LT longevity. Heck, most tough UTV tires cost more than that. I sent Maxxis an email asking about the weight since I couldn’t find it anywhere on the internet...37.5 pounds per tire. The reviews I’ve found are extremely positive and Maxxis has a good reputation, which means...something, I guess. I also haven’t seen those you sent the link to, though I have seen some very similar called Crosswind something. I compared them and the Trepador side by side last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Napaul

Napaul

Apr 7, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took another look at those you posted, @ehart814 . Pretty good looking tread on those.

What’s everybody’s opinion on tread design between something with a directional tread like these Trepadors or their knockoffs, versus something with a more traditional tread like the Buckshot Mudder and most cheaper MT options? Any advantage one way or another?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I took another look at those you posted, @ehart814 . Pretty good looking tread on those.

What’s everybody’s opinion on tread design between something with a directional tread like these Trepadors or their knockoffs, versus something with a more traditional tread like the Buckshot Mudder and most cheaper MT options? Any advantage one way or another?

I really couldn't tell you. I think it's personal preference. The only thing I can think of that might matter is that you wouldn't be able to rotate tires to different sides since they are directional. Probably doesn't matter though

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!