P1000 Maybe the dumbest question today...maybe

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I've had my P1000-3 a couple months now. At the moment I can't do much as my arm is in a sling. However, I am putzing at full speed. So I am looking at the aggravating nets on the front doors. In particular that the nets are attached on the outside of, for lack of a better term,the seat side bars. As I see it, the only purpose there is to interfere with the doors closing. Shouldn't the nets be attached on the inside?

I just thought i would ask the all knowing list before I have my wife move them ;^) A sling is good for more than one thing.

s/f Steve

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had my P1000-3 a couple months now. At the moment I can't do much as my arm is in a sling. However, I am putzing at full speed. So I am looking at the aggravating nets on the front doors. In particular that the nets are attached on the outside of, for lack of a better term,the seat side bars. As I see it, the only purpose there is to interfere with the doors closing. Shouldn't the nets be attached on the inside?

I just thought i would ask the all knowing list before I have my wife move them ;^) A sling is good for more than one thing.

s/f Steve
They are supposed to be mounted on the inside, any pics of how there on now? I would take them off and not worry about lol I did that a few months ago and I don't ever plan on putting them back on!

Reactions: Lady01 and TimG
TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I rolled mine up to the roll bar and put velcro ties on them just in case I ever wanted to use them.
That sounds like a smart thing to do, good advice. Probably depends on how you plan to use the thing. I use it around the yard, but really got it for hunting. I need to get out quickly without getting tangled up in a net, especially with a bow. That's why I just removed them. I certainly don't want to negate the safety aspect, especially if you have kids in the rig.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I left mine in there mainly in case I want to confine kids,dogs or maybe keep tree limbs out and I know where they're at. 😂 But honestly I've never used them.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use a small bungee cord wrapped around them to keep them up most of the time. Wife uses hers but I really only use it while hunting in the fall to keep the briars from getting me in the really thick stuff.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!