P1000 Too Much Weight, Maybe?

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My front tires are wearing like crap on the end side. I just checked the toe and adjusted it to about 3/16 to 1/4 in. But, when I look at the machine it looks like the camber maybe off. I looks like it'squatting a little. Any fixes anyone?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No pre load on the p1 stock shocks.
What u need is some New A arms to correct that. Stockers suck doo dads! There always making things funky like that. I played that game with the fronts and rears for a short while, bit the bullet and never looked back

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Are you saying shocks with preload will correct it? I would love to have better shocks on the front.

These guys know more about the P1 than I do. I just know that on my P5, if I had too much preload on the front shocks that it would make the tops of my tires tip out. Lowering them straightened it out.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks like alignment toe out.

mine did same. First set only had 700 miles and looked like that. Reset it and now have over 2k on some BH2.0 take offs with little to no wear.
I agree that it looks like the tires being toed out caused the uneven wear. Not sure why Honda would send them out this way. My 22 was way out. On the rear, one wheel is straight the other side toed in and there’s no adjusting it. It’s definitely not a race suspension and for its intended purposes will probably be just fine.
But toe in on the front will make it track better and help tires last longer

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I toed the front in yesterday. It was off quit a bit from factory. Cant' figure that because they had there famous yellow marking on the tie rod nut. I drove it a little but I'm going to pull it in the garage and check it again just to make sure I got where I think I got it.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I toed the front in yesterday. It was off quit a bit from factory. Cant' figure that because they had there famous yellow marking on the tie rod nut. I drove it a little but I'm going to pull it in the garage and check it again just to make sure I got where I think I got it.
So long as the tires sort of point forward seems to be the factory goal. It’s been a known thing to check for years at this point.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The paint markings are there to give a warm fuzzy feeling, especially when it’s a different color to give the implication of some Extra Love....

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My front tires are wearing like crap on the end side. I just checked the toe and adjusted it to about 3/16 to 1/4 in. But, when I look at the machine it looks like the camber maybe off. I looks like it'squatting a little. Any fixes anyone?View attachment 361835View attachment 361836
🤔....what PSI you running? Looks whey over inflated too 🤷‍♂️

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My front tires are wearing like crap on the end side. I just checked the toe and adjusted it to about 3/16 to 1/4 in. But, when I look at the machine it looks like the camber maybe off. I looks like it'squatting a little. Any fixes anyone?View attachment 361835View attachment 361836
Looking from the partial view on your second photo, that winch looks pretty darn big (read heavy) and to compound that it is mounted forward of the OEM location normally hidden behind the bumper / bash plate. That extra weight compounded by the location can affect your front suspension performance, and sag which in turn makes the camber appear to lean in at top. Weight does matter especially the farther forward it is placed.

Your tire wear was likely due to the toe in out of adjustment that you adjusted.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking from the partial view on your second photo, that winch looks pretty darn big (read heavy) and to compound that it is mounted forward of the OEM location normally hidden behind the bumper / bash plate. That extra weight compounded by the location can affect your front suspension performance, and sag which in turn makes the camber appear to lean in at top. Weight does matter especially the farther forward it is placed.

Your tire wear was likely due to the toe in out of adjustment that you adjusted.
Ow, so you are sayin weight can lead to premature wear on the extremities, food for thought! HA! Just dig-gin at you big guy! In humor.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I normally would say Menards, but not everyone knows of the legendary warped lumber lumberyard in the Midwest…🤣🤣
Plus the constant 11% off your next purchase attempts to get you coming back and back in a viscous cycle trying to save money....

Reactions: Buggyman and Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!