TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This may be way out there at first, but if you listen, this gentleman is very talented at conveying the what, how and why of things.

I've known many people who were literally savants. But, they were unable to express complicated thoughts and theories to others, as they perceived and understood them.

Some people have the natural talent to take abstruse and enigmatic concepts and explain them to lay people or students who needed to be taught and enlightened. Those men and women are very rare in society, but seem to be in abundance in certain colleges (not the woke ones that cost the most and don't produce useful members of society).

Anyway… ..

A classmate of mine sent me this video. Most people have heard of, or know what carbon, carbon fiber, graphite or graphene (in Turtle Wax long lasting spray).

His daughter was attending Rice and helping with research on the vacuum annealing of graphene.

They also studied the cleaning of contaminants from the graphene and instead of using traditional chemical cleaning processes, they were experimenting with ion beam and plasma processes, which were not as harsh to the surfaces being cleaned.

What caught my friend's ear was the PMMA. PolyMethyl MethAcrylate is used in prosthetic dentistry like fabricating artificial teeth, bases for dentures, dentures themselves, obturators, orthodontic retainers, temporary crowns, and to repair of dental prosthetics.

He couldn't believe she was working with something that was an integral part of his daily practice, but was being employed in an application that couldn't be any more distant or unrelated.

This rambling should not dissuade you from watching the video, even though it probably already has .

I hope you get something from the video.

What concerns me is…

Time is the only thing, that once you lose it… it's gone forever and you can never get it back. So, if that occurred…thumbs down time

And, I'll owe you some aspirin.

If your not exhausted, here's the video

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!