The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Looking at the RSVP list, I'm not sure if these fine folks are still here or wishing to join this ride but.....

@Hoosier1960
@TimG
@gparks
@The Green Goat
@Scoop
@Vondy
@Scrappapotamus
@Tramguage1
I am not. I bailed last night after returning from Brad's half day'r. Power has been out at my house so I wanted to get home to make sure nothing was falling apart or flooding. Sorry I'm gonna miss it.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
You can’t park there @gparks
IMG 7372
IMG 7373

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Looking at the RSVP list, I'm not sure if these fine folks are still here or wishing to join this ride but.....

@Hoosier1960
@TimG
@gparks
@The Green Goat
@Scoop
@Vondy
@Scrappapotamus
@Tramguage1
Me and the 2 others with me left Brad's yesterday around 2 pm. We headed west to dryer weather. I hate missing it,but we were out of dry stuff!

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Red500 and I are sorry but we had to leave tonight and get back home. We have major flooding in our county and we have lost one bridge. We also have about 2 days worth of water for the city and he has to get things lined up for work once they don't have water.The rescue squad can't keep up with all the calls so Phil is going to help them. We hope to be back by Sunday to get our camper,buggy,and my car. Thank you to everyone that helped us out as we were throwing stuff together to leave.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Hope everyone is alright and you get that new talon you've always wanted 😉.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The list of peeps I know got the message for 9:00 AM at the Eagle Rock Pavilion for the RidinFool Memorial Ride today…

Backwoods (obviously)
Myself-NTCPrezJB (obviously)
KYGal
TripleB
JenElio
Jackal
Coeus
906UP
EMAW
GovtMule
Mrs RidinFool
MiniRF

Messages still out to…
@JayPo

If you think of anyone else that I forgot please let me know.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🫡 @Ridinfool 🙏🙏🙏🙏

advertisement
Racerhed

Racerhed

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2019
Ashland OH
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X LV
I know @Vondy , and @Neohio ,@Racerhed also headed home yesterday.
@Neohio and I made it to my house at about 7:30p. The wind was hellacious! My truck finally revealed its boost leak and went from a whistle to the woosh when the pinhole developed into a tear. The good news is that it would still make enough boost to get us to the Ford dealership JP found along our route. The even better news is that in God’s plan the dealership had the lower hot side coupler that ruptured and two new clamps. The parts manager said the parts were in stock by chance because “a guy ordered them and never came back.” We had most of the tools but being an Ohio truck the clamps were rusted in place and had to procure a Milwaukee grinder to complement the multiple battery packs JP had along in order to cut them off. @Neohio helped block wind and rain as I laid on the ground and swapped out the part. When I got up it looked more like I’d just gotten out of a swimming pool. It did not resemble the Pheobe Cates pool scene from Fast Times. It was more like the basketball scene where Ben Stiller gets slopped up by a fat guy in Along Came Polly. The rest of the trip was trouble free.
I was just catching up on the mayhem going on in eastern TN and western NC. For those of you around there and anyone else impacted, God Speed and prayers for safety, healing, rebuilding. @Bad_bowtie I hope you are well. I just read a story about the Nolichucky Dam now being reported as failure imminent. Apparently Lake Lure is no long in jeopardy of failing. So… that’s good news.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
@Neohio and I made it to my house at about 7:30p. The wind was hellacious! My truck finally revealed its boost leak and went from a whistle to the woosh when the pinhole developed into a tear. The good news is that it would still make enough boost to get us to the Ford dealership JP found along our route. The even better news is that in God’s plan the dealership had the lower hot side coupler that ruptured and two new clamps. The parts manager said the parts were in stock by chance because “a guy ordered them and never came back.” We had most of the tools but being an Ohio truck the clamps were rusted in place and had to procure a Milwaukee grinder to complement the multiple battery packs JP had along in order to cut them off. @Neohio helped block wind and rain as I laid on the ground and swapped out the part. When I got up it looked more like I’d just gotten out of a swimming pool. It did not resemble the Pheobe Cates pool scene from Fast Times. It was more like the basketball scene where Ben Stiller gets slopped up by a fat guy in Along Came Polly. The rest of the trip was trouble free.
I was just catching up on the mayhem going on in eastern TN and western NC. For those of you around there and anyone else impacted, God Speed and prayers for safety, healing, rebuilding. @Bad_bowtie I hope you are well. I just read a story about the Nolichucky Dam now being reported as failure imminent. Apparently Lake Lure is no long in jeopardy of failing. So… that’s good news.
What year ford? On my ‘16 I dumped all that plastic intercooler plumbing crap the minute it got home from the dealership and replaced it with a Rudy’s diesel aluminum kit. That was 90k ago.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What year ford? On my ‘16 I dumped all that plastic intercooler plumbing crap the minute it got home from the dealership and replaced it with a Rudy’s diesel aluminum kit. That was 90k ago.
I did the same on my 15’ platinum
The plastic factory pipe and rubber boot is known for failure

Reactions: ChadD and Haldog77
Racerhed

Racerhed

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2019
Ashland OH
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X LV
2010 6.4 I bulletproofed it the moment I bought it from my parents with 82k on it. They only ever pulled a smaller 5k bumper pull with it. They made 3-4 trip to Florida and back pulling a 13k 5th wheel and bought a Megacab Cummins. The factory silicon couplers lasted 150k with 40psi boost hits for the past 70,000 miles. I’m actually impressed. Because that’s never happened before for me. Oh, and I have an all metal inter cooler too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD and Vikes79
Racerhed

Racerhed

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2019
Ashland OH
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X LV
Super 💩

😉🤣
I had a 99 7.3 Supercrew that went 327k before I sold it. Was the stupidest decision I ever made. I replaced it with an 08 Cummins. Absolutely LOVED that motor. Hated the truck around it. Had to replace every single steering part at 97,000. Had to do the metal HVAC blend door mod at 119k. Rust @ 7 years of age with psychotic amounts of car washes. I did a 12v with Allison swap into a 99 burb for a buddy of mine. Probably the best driveline combination that can be had but it was 27,000 in parts to make a bulletproof stump puller that’ll last a million miles. The engine, transmission and T-case were a brand new. The swap kit and transmission controller were ghastly expensive!

Reactions: ChadD
advertisement