Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is not correct, yes you are allowed to ride state designated ORV routes/trails anytime of the year and some of those may include sections that are also marked & groomed as snowmobile trails. However, in many areas there are snowmobile trails that are off limits to ORV's or are on private property. In those cases an easement has been granted by the landowner for the snowmobile trail from Dec 1st - Mar 31st. Also, in many Northern counties the ORV ordinance prohibits ORV use on the county roads during the winter months.
10-4, I stand corrected sir

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
10-4, I stand corrected sir
No worries, just didn't want to see someone get in trouble. I'm a member of the MSA(Michigan Snowmobile Association) and work with a couple of the clubs UP here. This has been a hot topic the last couple years and causes some trouble for the clubs when ORVs use sled trails that are on "off limits" public or private property. As a rule of thumb, a snowmobile trail that goes from public to private property should be marked, fenced or gated but that is not always the case. Just make sure you know where you are when your on the trails.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No worries, just didn't want to see someone get in trouble. I'm a member of the MSA(Michigan Snowmobile Association) and work with a couple of the clubs UP here. This has been a hot topic the last couple years and causes some trouble for the clubs when ORVs use sled trails that are on "off limits" public or private property. As a rule of thumb, a snowmobile trail that goes from public to private property should be marked, fenced or gated but that is not always the case. Just make sure you know where you are when your on the trails.
I know exactly what you mean.yed they should be marked. VVmaping does a great job at that as well. I don’t want a tkt or to piss anyone off. I have private land that has a 2 track 1/8 mike to my gate where it ends and wouldn’t/don’t want people on my property either.

Reactions: 906UP
99Burban

99Burban

May 1, 2016
Michigan
The green trails with yellow dots are snowmobile trails that can also be used by orv's. Not all of the trails are dual sport and i did not see any signage whatsoever. Also, those trails are already shredded from tires - i can't imagine the local snowmobile guys will like that.

F28

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The green trails with yellow dots are snowmobile trails that can also be used by orv's. Not all of the trails are dual dual sport and i did not see any signage whatsoever. Also, those trails are already shredded from tires - i can't imagine the local snowmobile guys will like that.

View attachment 70218
No I couldn’t imagine they would.

D

Deleted member 3748

This is not correct, yes you are allowed to ride state designated ORV routes/trails anytime of the year and some of those may include sections that are also marked & groomed as snowmobile trails. However, in many areas there are snowmobile trails that are off limits to ORV's or are on private property. In those cases an easement has been granted by the landowner for the snowmobile trail from Dec 1st - Mar 31st. Also, in many Northern counties the ORV ordinance prohibits ORV use on the county roads during the winter months.
Right. They have to be marked for ORV use.

The snowmobile groups try to convince us to be courteous and not ride on the combined trails in the winter but that doesn't affect me. :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!