Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We've done it a couple times, I won't go back. Its been overrun by the Jeep crowd and not much fun anymore.
Your right it has but in another since i like it cuz it makes it more challenging. I go as often as i can.

c_carrierlj

c_carrierlj

Feb 21, 2021
Ellsworth, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ride UP there once in a while...lol.
Newberry is a good area to base out of, Trout Lake would be another good choice. If you come UP send me a message and we'll meet up.
Cool man will do!! I'm seeing some trail systems around Newberry are 50 inch wide or less.......is that true??

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Cool man will do!! I'm seeing some trail systems around Newberry are 50 inch wide or less.......is that true??
Yes there are “small machine trails” there that are 50” only all over the state and there. In Michigan, stick with the snowmobile trails or state land logging roads if u have a p7 or larger.

Reactions: 906UP and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Awesome. Thanks for the tip! Any way to get a paper map of all that??
VVMapping.com sells a great map for the state that will get u where u want to go. Alos the MichiganDNR.gov web site if u look up ORV/snowmobile trails youll see the whole state and u can pic the county then the map comes up with the trails for that co. You can print those as well. Id try the vvmapping first.

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The DNR site also explains the rules and what trail u can and cant ride and what are 50” and not

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Had a paper map the first time I went out, worthless! There are so many more trails that aren't on a paper map, you really need some type of GPS.
That is true. A GPS is much better. But since those many years ago that u used a paper map 🤣 they have evolved and gotten better with the more folks in SXS and the contribution of land owners like myself the DNR have asked in the last few years that have submitted state land logging trails and other trails in the areas to update there paper maps and the gps programs. There much better now. Could still use some work? Yes but 10 times better than years prior.

Reactions: trigger and ChadD
M

Michiganboy

Aug 17, 2021
Grand Rapids
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
That’s where tin cup, and a couple other trails are ( Baldwin area). I’m just having an issue reading on the dnr maps, where I’m actually able to ride, and what trails are wide enough. Luckily in my county I can ride on any road, but state highways. I’ll figure it out lol. We might shoot to st. Helen. Used to get lost for days in the trails up there ( my grand parents lived there )
I use the Polaris ride command app.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
M

Michiganboy

Aug 17, 2021
Grand Rapids
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
That’s where tin cup, and a couple other trails are ( Baldwin area). I’m just having an issue reading on the dnr maps, where I’m actually able to ride, and what trails are wide enough. Luckily in my county I can ride on any road, but state highways. I’ll figure it out lol. We might shoot to st. Helen. Used to get lost for days in the trails up there ( my grand parents lived there )
Do any of you guys ride up in the UP? Me and the wife want to do a ride up there at some point. Would look at staying in Newberry. Looks like a good area.....
I think the best trails are on the Wisconsin Michigan border.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!