Michigan trails

Jmindy1119

Jmindy1119

Jan 30, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looking for trails for me, and my wife to ride this up coming weekend. We’re in white cloud, MI Anywhere within a few hours I’m cool with. I know of tin cup trail, what else do we have!?

Jmindy1119

Jmindy1119

Jan 30, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Check out the Baldwin/Careyville area, heard they're the best trails in the state.
That’s where tin cup, and a couple other trails are ( Baldwin area). I’m just having an issue reading on the dnr maps, where I’m actually able to ride, and what trails are wide enough. Luckily in my county I can ride on any road, but state highways. I’ll figure it out lol. We might shoot to st. Helen. Used to get lost for days in the trails up there ( my grand parents lived there ).

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anything in between Indian River/Wolverine area and the Onaway/Arlanta area is loaded with two-tracks and dirt roads. I was out there today in my truck (I won't have my sxs until late June). I lived in Newaygo County for awhile. White Cloud is about 175 miles from the area I speak of.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Anything in between Indian River/Wolverine area and the Onaway/Arlanta area is loaded with two-tracks and dirt roads. I was out there today in my truck (I won't have my sxs until late June). I lived in Newaygo County for awhile. White Cloud is about 175 miles from the area I speak of.

Did you work out of the Newaygo Post? My sister's (Ex) father-in-law retired out of that Post.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That’s where tin cup, and a couple other trails are ( Baldwin area). I’m just having an issue reading on the dnr maps, where I’m actually able to ride, and what trails are wide enough. Luckily in my county I can ride on any road, but state highways. I’ll figure it out lol. We might shoot to st. Helen. Used to get lost for days in the trails up there ( my grand parents lived there ).

St. Helen is a great place to ride. I was just trying to give you an idea of something a little closer to you. You can also leave out of the Leota trail head and go clear to the bridge if you wanted to. Gladwin is another trail system, not as big as Leota or St Helen, also caters to quads and 50" machines but there's some riding to be had there as well.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looking for trails for me, and my wife to ride this up coming weekend. We’re in white cloud, MI Anywhere within a few hours I’m cool with. I know of tin cup trail, what else do we have!?
You didnt mention the type of machine you have to help with the trail size you can ride? Where @trigger mentioned had real mice 50” trails. St Helen has quite a few standard snowmobile type trails. There are alot of them but there is also alot of traffic there if your ok with that? What @Stateboy said is also a nice area but a bit further. The Gaylord/lewiston/Grayling area a bit closer, has a chit ton of snowmobile trails and loging roads now open to ORVs and at times the tank trails are open on the camp Grayling base and those are fun. If u have a Garmin or most any other gps, Id look into VVmapping. He does a great job at marking our trails. He also has a nice paper map book if you prefer.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ride out of Petoskey, primarily between Petoskey, Indian River to the North, Wolverine to the East, and Vanderbilt to the South. (Also venture further toward Grayling, Pigeon River, or Black Lake a good bit.)

If you're looking at DNR maps, you'll see about 1/100th of the trails we have around here. I have over 1500 miles mapped.

I'm putting together a group ride on June 12, come on up!

Jmindy1119

Jmindy1119

Jan 30, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ride out of Petoskey, primarily between Petoskey, Indian River to the North, Wolverine to the East, and Vanderbilt to the South. (Also venture further toward Grayling, Pigeon River, or Black Lake a good bit.)

If you're looking at DNR maps, you'll see about 1/100th of the trails we have around here. I have over 1500 miles mapped.

I'm putting together a group ride on June 12, come on up!
Where can I get the deets on that ride? I might be doing a 3 day hike that weekend, but it’s tentative plan right now. Me, and the old lady would love to hit a ride.

advertisement
Jmindy1119

Jmindy1119

Jan 30, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
You didnt mention the type of machine you have to help with the trail size you can ride? Where @trigger mentioned had real mice 50” trails. St Helen has quite a few standard snowmobile type trails. There are alot of them but there is also alot of traffic there if your ok with that? What @Stateboy said is also a nice area but a bit further. The Gaylord/lewiston/Grayling area a bit closer, has a chit ton of snowmobile trails and loging roads now open to ORVs and at times the tank trails are open on the camp Grayling base and those are fun. If u have a Garmin or most any other gps, Id look into VVmapping. He does a great job at marking our trails. He also has a nice paper map book if you prefer.
I’ve got a 700-4, sorry didn’t even think about posting my ride 🤦🏻. I knew about the logging roads, but wasn’t sure how to go about finding where they actually are. I haven’t ridden trails in over a decade, and was always on a dirtbike.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ve got a 700-4, sorry didn’t even think about posting my ride 🤦🏻. I knew about the logging roads, but wasn’t sure how to go about finding where they actually are. I haven’t ridden trails in over a decade, and was always on a dirtbike.
No worries. So with that machine your not going in the 50” trails. So the logging trails and snowmobile trails are what your looking at. VVmapping.com is what you want for trail maps

Reactions: ChadD
Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds fun. I won't have mine though till June 29th or shortly after. Being based in Wolverine, the closest trail for me starts just over a 1/2 mile away and the Weber Lake Campground is just over five miles away. And yes, Weber is rustic. The water source there is a manual operated well pump, outhouses and no electricity. Have fun. I'll be looking for pics and stories.

Reactions: ChadD and 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Do any of you guys ride up in the UP? Me and the wife want to do a ride up there at some point. Would look at staying in Newberry. Looks like a good area.....
I ride UP there once in a while...lol.
Newberry is a good area to base out of, Trout Lake would be another good choice. If you come UP send me a message and we'll meet up.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do any of you guys ride up in the UP? Me and the wife want to do a ride up there at some point. Would look at staying in Newberry. Looks like a good area.....
Did a Newberry ride to Lk superior and a bunch of places in September with @Plumber32,@joeymt33 and @snuffnwhisky. Alot of good snowmobile trails to ride there. You can go for days.
94722EC0 DB2A 466E 870B EAA8FEEDFA30

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!