P1000 minimizing dust in pioneer 1000-5 cab

R

rex

Apr 5, 2017
florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to build a custom plexi glass windshield on the back as honda doesn't offer a hard back glass for the very back. It helped some but haven't come up with solution on dust other than windshield folded in in half

OnlineScuba

OnlineScuba

Mar 28, 2017
arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A73f48ec1128ef62daa11670ae564c59

I installed two of the roof vents that somebody showed earlier. One for the front seat and one for the back. I wanted to put both in the front but unfortunately due to the molded shape of the roof I had to mount it in the center over the mirror. I haven't tested it yet to see if it helps with the dust. I'll let y'all know. Ae54c2ad7fa958fce47803a7c8a44522B25f8eb61f0f8bfe6163545de279e792

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good, from the pic it looks like the bottom does not drop down past the cage bar correct? I have swamp donkey stereo mounted there so now wondering this idea will work at all.

D

desranco

Apr 24, 2017
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I installed two of the roof vents that somebody showed earlier. One for the front seat and one for the back. I wanted to put both in the front but unfortunately due to the molded shape of the roof I had to mount it in the center over the mirror. I haven't tested it yet to see if it helps with the dust. I'll let y'all know. Ae54c2ad7fa958fce47803a7c8a44522B25f8eb61f0f8bfe6163545de279e792

Hey Dlagrus,
Any feedback on the success of this install? Desperate to cut down on the amount of cab dust.
Thanks,

desranco

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Dlgarus

Dlgarus

Feb 21, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Dlagrus,
Any feedback on the success of this install? Desperate to cut down on the amount of cab dust.
Thanks,

desranco

It's been great for airflow. I haven't had any dust to try it in though. It's stayed pretty wet here.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks good, from the pic it looks like the bottom does not drop down past the cage bar correct? I have swamp donkey stereo mounted there so now wondering this idea will work at all.
Let's see the top in black and white

L

Lren

Apr 24, 2017
phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would be interested in hearing if your roof vents cut down on dust problem with Pioneer 1000

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Called..off roading / four wheeling...
& that means...dust...dirt...mud...
are part of the....hobby.
I live in desert....
DUST WINS EVERYTIME....PERIOD
...throw hundreds of $ at something you..
ain't gonna win..you might keep a little
of it out...
in the End....Truth is you lose
Elements of mother earth WINS.
Or stay on the Blacktop. ...
been riding over 40 yrs...
the dust /mud/ dirt....is part
of it....a million $....won't get rid
of it..

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So now that you have had some time with these, do they help much getting some air moving in the cab? It's pretty hot in summer and I'm thinking about doing this

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZhunter
Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
For those of us that don't live in the desert... It looks like maybe a couple dryer vents and ingenuity might save a man a little change and b narrow enough to install two vents up in front of the cab. Curious to c if yals rigging helps out. May try something myself

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called..off roading / four wheeling...
& that means...dust...dirt...mud...
are part of the....hobby.
I live in desert....
DUST WINS EVERYTIME....PERIOD
...throw hundreds of $ at something you..
ain't gonna win..you might keep a little
of it out...
in the End....Truth is you lose
Elements of mother earth WINS.
Or stay on the Blacktop. ...
been riding over 40 yrs...
the dust /mud/ dirt....is part
of it....a million $....won't get rid
of it..

Agreed a full cab only LIMITS your exposure to the elements on a SxS.

It's not a hermetically sealed space ship. You're gonna get dust in there.

Windshield and mid panel are best.
Mid panel disrupts the airflow into the low pressure area behind the windshield created as the air in front is compressed into a high pressure area by the forward movement of the windshield. Low pressure area pulls the air and everything in it into it.

It prevents the large amount of dust from behind the vehicle from getting sucked in but the dust from the sides and thrown up by others is still in the air and is going to settle out in the slower less turbulent air between the windshield and mid panel.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Mid panel disrupts the airflow into the low pressure area behind the windshield created as the air in front is compressed into a high pressure area by the forward movement of the windshield. Low pressure area pulls the air and everything in it into it.

It prevents the large amount of dust from behind the vehicle from getting sucked in but the dust from the sides and thrown up by others is still in the air and is going to settle out in the slower less turbulent air between the windshield and mid panel.

Dust/mud/dirt
...part of this sport/hobby
.... & I hope it stays that way....
...cutting more holes..for vents/...etc
..is another opening. .for more dust
IMO...
(Dance in the Dust. ...turn the radio up....)

Reactions: Mudwing
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
For those of us that don't live in the desert... It looks like maybe a couple dryer vents and ingenuity might save a man a little change and b narrow enough to install two vents up in front of the cab. Curious to c if yals rigging helps out. May try something myself
There's dust...EVERYWHERE. ...on this earth
...not just in the desert

Reactions: dotman1
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

20160529 113537

Washing off....Dust..
Bottom Line.....it's part of it...

Reactions: ohanacreek
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Those vents look like a good idea if you ride in the open all the time.
Sometimes I ride with limbs raking to roof A LOT. I don't think I can use that idea.
I myself think it's one more place
...for dust to get in....

Reactions: Rick53 and Rincon
Famousamos14

Famousamos14

Apr 19, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Have these worked out like you had hoped? Thinking of doing the same to mine just wanted some feedback before do. Thanks

A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one of these installed, and it helps with a little bit of air flow, but doesn't really do much at all for the dust in my experience. Maybe if you had more than one up front or a larger one might get more air flow and positive pressure into the cab area, but just one doesn't do much

Reactions: Rick53
P

PELLERING

Apr 12, 2016
Sherbrooke; quebec; canada
So i found this on amazon, and I was thinking of cutting a hole in the hard roof and installing it. Do you think it would help draw in more air and cut down on the dust? Or would it just cause the dust to circulate and "roll" more in the cab?

View attachment 38845
I installed one like this last year the on the roof of my 1000-5 and it didn’t change anything.

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is the same thing that is in my Mack Dump Truck LoL. Works damn good in the Mack for getting some fresh air blowing on me in the cab. Can't say how well it will work on the Pioneer but it would look cool. Now you have me thinking about putting one in.:)
It's gotta work better than nothing

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!