G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You haven’t put the ecu in?? DO IT!!!

The KRX doesn’t care... it was made for 35’s. You will suffer a little handling and get a little more feedback with the 35’s but the K9’s are kinda soft. I think the Berzerker 35’s would handle better. And when I’m talking handling I’m meaning pushing the machine to 55-60 mph on rough terrain and running high speed. You’ll get a little more roll and feedback. But the shock therapy springs made a big difference vs stock at helping to mitigate that. I’ve been back and forth on the 35’s vs a 33 and I’m still deciding but I really do like the 35’s! I have acquired another set of stock wheels and tires I’ll put 33’s on and compare soon! Will 20 lbs per tire cause more driveline wear?? Probably... but I’m not sure it’s going to matter on this machine. You won’t have the same issue as the pioneer because it’s not a DCT. First, the KRX is so low to begin with that it handles them beautifully, particularly with the VFJ tune. Secondly, you can change clutch weights vs having to do an IGR as in the Honda. I was at first concerned running 35’s... but the more time I have on them..... the more I like them. Now, if I were just running fast paced desert stuff... I might be more prone to look at a true 32-33”
Thanx I’ll be waiting on the 33” evaluation

Reactions: JTW
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanx I’ll be waiting on the 33” evaluation
I have not done anything to mine regarding suspension or tune all I have done is gutting the cat.truthfully they are damn good stock.I want to do something w the clutch to lower the rpm at lower trail riding speeds.I see the guy that did ur tune is removing a spring in the clutch to help w that.Another outfit is making different arms and weights for the clutch.I’m just watching and waiting.

Reactions: Ragnar406
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of those photos look really familiar! Amazing place!

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Incredible. there were three in our group and I rode with @JTW in his the last day when we went to Sand Flatts Rec area with Hell's Revenge etc and then one to Kanes Creek trail... His KRX has 35's and still was able to go near vertical climbs, run in the woops on Kanes Creek and absorb everything.

Once finished processing
is us going up Hell's gate ....

Your not going to haul a deer in it well but it is a super capable machine.

Edit to add - first time i have been with JTW where he did not break something or several somethings on this long of a trip (has not broken anything on KRX to date as i know of)
It appears the KRX is very competitive unit! I'm looking at the new Wolvy KROCK!

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It appears the KRX is very competitive unit! I'm looking at the new Wolvy KROCK!
I'm looking at the KRX as well, the P-1 isn't going anywhere, the turf mode has me sold for yard work.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did @Kilo427 & @JTW get a divorce? There’s no snuggly selfie’s with this trip? Maybe your honeymoon period wore off...
Why did you have to bring that up? Now we will get pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing
J

JTW

The RMAX?

It’s better than a pioneer but not in the same class as the KRX. I would be interested in the 4 seat for a family rig, but I’m holding off for the 4/5 seat KRX.

Reactions: Mudwing
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can understand both sides.
I hope they can work it out fairly.

I live out on a farm to market rural road. Last year we had "kids" riding ATVs late at night with what sounded like no exhaust. It was every night of the week. Mott good when you could best them a mile away and you needed to get up and go to work.

One of them ran from a state trooper and broad sided s sheriff's deputy.

The rest knocked out off.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: CID
advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Noise is definitely a problem - it was for my entire 50 year dirt bike career and it will be for SxSs too. If 'we' don't get it under control there will be more restrictions and more areas will be closed. Aftermarket exhausts have been banned in most of Europe and those restrictions have started here. The non participating public does NOT want to hear us - is that extra few HP worth losing more and more riding privileges?

While I'm b****ing - another NO NO out here - never make a fresh tire track off the trail, not even a foot off. Why? because that foot becomes 2 feet and then 8 feet and pretty soon we have a four lane road that used to be a narrow jeep trail. It's a big deal out here (in the west) where tire tracks will last for decades unlike back east where things will grow over in a few months. PLEASE, never go off road, even a little out here or the ecofreaks will have ammo to get the area closed - and once closed, it's closed forever.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree, the left has ruined Moab, SxSs aren't welcome regardless of how much revenue we've brought there for so many years.

Reactions: TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hopefully, there will always be small communities that welcome us, like Silverton, Colorado. As Moab burns down, others will open. Invite us in and we will spend our disposable incomes there - it's simple capitalism.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't care if all our sxs were completely silent they would be doing their damn best to make what they don't understand illegal. They gonna b**** and whine no matter what. Next they will say they have to make them illegal on the street in town because the 15mph speed limit slows down the rest of traffic on 191. Then when they take an enormous financial hit because they run off 1/3 of the tourist they will increase taxes.

Ride hard, respect the land and f*** the man
^^^ This.
I agree, the left has ruined Moab, SxSs aren't welcome regardless of how much revenue we've brought there for so many years.
^^^ And this.

I might say that Moab is my favorite place on earth, even though it's been close to 5 years since I've been there. I say that...but Moab is really representative of southern Utah (as far as my favorite place) in general, rather than the actual town.
The town is cool and I love it, but this war has been coming ever since the town's main base shifted from 4x4's to mtn bikes, and, even worse, the hikers, canyoneers/rock climbers, and river runners.
Those last few tend to be pretty negative towards any type of mechanized off roading. The town who owes its' very existence (after the mines closed) to off roading will to continue to turn its back on what kept it alive those years.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can understand both sides.
I hope they can work it out fairly.

I live out on a farm to market rural road. Last year we had "kids" riding ATVs late at night with what sounded like no exhaust. It was every night of the week. Mott good when you could best them a mile away and you needed to get up and go to work.

One of them ran from a state trooper and broad sided s sheriff's deputy.

The rest knocked out off.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
And for the sake of Mary use the 4WD if you think you might spin in 2 WD and stay on the trails and I will say, I've been guilty of these things.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not surprised that people want to shoot the industry that supports the town.. while on the other side you have some TN town opening up to SXS riding and tourism and money it brings to the town.

Kind of like people who move next door to an airport and then complain that there are planes landing...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!