Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wife and I hit Moon Rocks this past weekend and had a great time. It was a little hot and dusty but what do you expect in the desert during July?? We did a 45 mile loop which consisted of about 25 miles of high speed flats through the bottom of the valley and 20 miles climbing out of the valley and riding along the tops of the mountains on low speed trails. Saw some Chukar and 3 wild mustangs out there which was pretty cool! If you're in the area it's worth a trip, I have to go 3 hours to get there but I usually have the place to myself essentially. As always, I wish I took more pictures now but that's the last thing on my mind out there. Here's a few-

In the background on the mountains you can see two dark areas. Those are actually trees that only grow about 10 ft. tall in this harsh environment. We actually rode through the middle of the two groves in this picture

Every so often you come across these water troughs set out for cattle. Every one we encountered had about 60 cows gathered. That's also where we surprised the Mustangs.

This just shows how vast this area is. Everything behind me is open to ride, and it's only a fraction of what's available!

I stole the next pics off the internet, figured I'd show you why this area is called moon rocks-

This is a destination for rock crawlers

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wife and I hit Moon Rocks this past weekend and had a great time. It was a little hot and dusty but what do you expect in the desert during July?? We did a 45 mile loop which consisted of about 25 miles of high speed flats through the bottom of the valley and 20 miles climbing out of the valley and riding along the tops of the mountains on low speed trails. Saw some Chukar and 3 wild mustangs out there which was pretty cool! If you're in the area it's worth a trip, I have to go 3 hours to get there but I usually have the place to myself essentially. As always, I wish I took more pictures now but that's the last thing on my mind out there. Here's a few-

In the background on the mountains you can see two dark areas. Those are actually trees that only grow about 10 ft. tall in this harsh environment. We actually rode through the middle of the two groves in this picture
View attachment 18588

Every so often you come across these water troughs set out for cattle. Every one we encountered had about 60 cows gathered. That's also where we surprised the Mustangs.
View attachment 18589

This just shows how vast this area is. Everything behind me is open to ride, and it's only a fraction of what's available!

View attachment 18590

I stole the next pics off the internet, figured I'd show you why this area is called moon rocks-
View attachment 18591
This is a destination for rock crawlers
View attachment 18592
Looks like a fun place! You didn't get a photo of you Pioneer on that rock climb though?

Reactions: Gator
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ha you know I started to go up a little rock and something sitting next to me started hitting my arm and yelling NO!!
That's hillarious dude. I'd get the same treatment. Btw, what is "Chukar"??

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's hillarious dude. I'd get the same treatment. Btw, what is "Chukar"??
Haha! A chukar is an upland game bird that lives in the high desert, preferring to be at the top of rocky hills or mountains. They're about the size of a pigeon and they fly fast!

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Haha! A chukar is an upland game bird that lives in the high desert, preferring to be at the top of rocky hills or mountains. They're about the size of a pigeon and they fly fast!
That's cool, are they hunted?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!