P500 Moose Plow Mount p -500

Shawnarm

Shawnarm

Oct 6, 2018
CANADA
Ownership

1. 500
Had a moose plow on my previous atv -just bought the mounting plate for my 17-p500. Had a brake line in the way of the u bolt at the rear on drivers side. Had the floor in the way on pass side. Ultimately got the plate mounted but it was not easy.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So it's a midmount? I had one on an atv and used it for ten years. It got the job done but now having a front mount is so much nicer. Allows you to lift the blade higher and stack your piles. Having the winch to lift it as opposed to manual is a bonus too.

Reactions: Mudder
Shawnarm

Shawnarm

Oct 6, 2018
CANADA
Ownership

1. 500
So it's a midmount? I had one on an atv and used it for ten years. It got the job done but now having a front mount is so much nicer. Allows you to lift the blade higher and stack your piles. Having the winch to lift it as opposed to manual is a bonus too.
Yes mod mount! I agree was trying to repurpose the plow and push bar should have bought the quick attch

Reactions: trigger
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Dealer put that mid mount on my machine cuz the front one was on back order. First time I went in the woods it got caught on a stump and stopped me dead. Was dragging over things the rest of the day and as soon as I got back I pulled it off the machine. Really poor design on that mount in my opinion. Plus like @trigger said, front gives way more lift for stacking

Shawnarm

Shawnarm

Oct 6, 2018
CANADA
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Shadesmn. Think I will take it off and return it tomorrow. Not worth the trouble.
I still have the stock tires and rims so clearance Is a factor.

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Same here, have an old atv mid mount plow, first trial fit seems like I can mount on front bumper with U bolts, then cut and weld push tubes to shorten for P500. Agree with Trigger and Shadesman, limited height and loss of ground clearance. Sounds like you are on the right track now, @Shawnarm .

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Shadesmn. Think I will take it off and return it tomorrow. Not worth the trouble.
You will also likely need to swap the push tube assembly out if you switch to a front mount setup. Not hard, just a few more bolts to pull and reinstall. Front is the way to go on a SXS though for sure in my opinion

Shawnarm

Shawnarm

Oct 6, 2018
CANADA
Ownership

1. 500
You will also likely need to swap the push tube assembly out if you switch to a front mount setup. Not hard, just a few more bolts to pull and reinstall. Front is the way to go on a SXS though for sure in my opinion

advertisement
Shawnarm

Shawnarm

Oct 6, 2018
CANADA
Ownership

1. 500
So my local dealer would not take the moose mount back because I tried to put it on. Nice service as I was going to purchase the rm4 system. Currently shopping elsewhere.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!