P1000 more low end power?

D

DDDonkey

Asking for a friend........

So looking at getting a tuner and there still does not seem to be too many options, please correct me if I'm wrong but all I have found is below.

1 - Stock ECU with the PCV and AT.
2 - Stock Talon ECU, but still need PCV and the dash 4wd indicator will not work
3 - Send ECU to Sibler Turbo and have them re-tune it, but no one knows what they do to the ECU and there is no dyno sheet to see the gains.

Is there anything else out there other than a muffler? Also if you put a Talon ECU or order a second ECU and have it tuned is it just plug and play or do you need to preform a relearn of some sort? Looking for more low end power as I have found a few spots, even in low the pioneer did not have enough power to start moving from a stop, had to back up and hit it with a little momentum.

Again asking for a friend....

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Someone needs to be the first to reflash a Pioneer the Talon give you more low end torque but brings to much unwanted baggage a good tuner should be able to give as much or more than a stock Talon pcm . don't take a knee Just Do It.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The Talon ECU is easily the best mod for low end power I’ve done(except for the IGR). Hopefully someone does a good tune for it unlike the stock PCV tune. It was junk.

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Here is a update on Saturday's mods, Talon throttle body including injectors, removed the exhaust tip completely, drilled one three quarter inch hole straight in the muffler.
Got very good results the low end got much more responsive top end improved but not as noticable as the bottom.
I did not do any before and after numbers but I did race my nephew's Maverick and it backed up my impression before he would jump me out of the hole and slowly run away from me, now on wet asphalt I would spin just a little bit and then slowly walk away from him very satisfied.

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a update on Saturday's mods, Talon throttle body including injectors, removed the exhaust tip completely, drilled one three quarter inch hole straight in the muffler.

@GPR1500SC
do you have any pics or advice on how you removed the tip as well as where you drilled the hole(s)?

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Here is a couple pictures of what I have done.
If I where to do it again I would take a quarter inch bit and drill more holes in it then a Swiss cheese, big holes should flow better lot's of small holes should be quieter.
This exhaust modd is for midd range to top end,

IMG 20200304 102252721 IMG 20200304 101901311

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a couple pictures of what I have done.
If I where to do it again I would take a quarter inch bit and drill more holes in it then a Swiss cheese, big holes should flow better lot's of small holes should be quieter.
This exhaust modd is for midd range to top end,

View attachment 188107 View attachment 188108
You think the exhaust mod if done alone, would hurt low end??

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Yes that was the first thing I did, I am going to drill some more smaller holes around the one I already drilled but it is one thing at a time.

For low end torque I would work on the cold side first.

Zach sent me a couple videos if I could figure out how to post them, it gives me a bad extension error message

Reactions: Lady01
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I where to start modding a machine the intake adapter is the first piece I would up grade.

View attachment 188285

Installed my new intake adapter this week. Have K&N air filter and HMF exhaust already. Ordered new ECU and will be sending it to Silber for reflash when it’s here. They claim 8hp increase on FB so we will see

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Installed my new intake adapter this week. Have K&N air filter and HMF exhaust already. Ordered new ECU and will be sending it to Silber for reflash when it’s here. They claim 8hp increase on FB so we will see

It will be interesting to see what the throttle body adapter will do for your combination.

D

DDDonkey

Wow 8hp that is pretty good, I will have my ECU back from them Wed this week and can't wait to see if there is a seat of the pants difference. I did ask them not to raise the rev limiter to get more seed out of as I don't care about that, I am looking for the low end.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!