More Storage

RoboHonda

RoboHonda

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2013
Found that a 50 cal M2 ammo box is perfect length to span the two struts under the oil fill cap on the driver side under the seat. Not perfect access but perfect fit. It is great for extra parts and tools needed for emergencies. See the pictures. Mounted with 4 ea. 1.75" coated steel clamps and #10 fasteners drilled into the bottom of the box.

Attachments

• Hondsxs50callt.jpg
    Hondsxs50callt.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 554
  • Hondasxs50calrt.jpg
    Hondasxs50calrt.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 546
  • Hondasxs50caltop.jpg
    Hondasxs50caltop.jpg
    731.4 KB · Views: 554
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Indeed, what is the width on that? Do you think a full sized battery box would fit in the same space and have clearance from the motor?

RoboHonda

RoboHonda

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2013
The box pictured is about 6" wide. It has room for one more but chose not to install the second one do to clearance on the lid getting it open was harder. Could easily handle a 24 or 78 size battery. I intend to install a smaller battery next to the ammo can but will add a 1/4" plate below the frame pipes for protection prior to install. I do not want some stick or rock poking at my extra battery! Just waiting for it to come back from powder coating.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right there with you, I was going to put a 24 series with a home made metal box with drain holes.

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So. where are the pictures of the 50 cal mounted to the roof. Lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!