Needing more an all purpose type tire for the 1000/5

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to figure out what size/brand that would be the equivalent of the tires that came with my machine but are not approved for paved. Few cops in town are beginning to write warning tickets for Off/Road only tires. I also have a clearance issue getting into my garage the tires below clear by only about and inch:

The tires that came with
Front 27x9. 00r14NHS
Rear 27x11. 00r14NHS

Not really sure what all that means....

Any suggestions on brand would also be helpful wanting still for them to work off road and on?

Thanks in Advance!

Reactions: Backwoods
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You need DOT tires or you are required to have non DOT tires?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like mine DOT approved. Absolutely NO road noise and grip really well. 10 ply also. GBC Terra Master. They ain’t cheap but they are a good tire. They come in many sizes.

1EF29CA1 D849 42C6 A5AE B2E54D6D1B56

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Off the top of my head the interco sniper tire comes to mind

DOT UTV rated that can be purchased in the OE size. They're out of stock at chapmoto but Google should be able to find them elsewhere. Most DOT 14s are expensive and harder to find. Especially when you want to keep the OE tire size.

Most people on here upgrade to aftermarket 15s and add spacers to correct front to rear width. That gives you more DOT options, and gives you the ability for rotations which prolong tire life.

Highlifter still has their sale going on if you are interested in wheels.

The 4x136 vs 4x137 is a personal debate and decision. I run both sets of wheels/lug pattern on my own machine without any issue.

The Achilles Desert Hawk MT comes to mind if you want 15" wheels with LT truck tires. You can obtain them in a 27x8.50R15

The Achilles is a true DOT LT truck/highway/on road vehicle tire. @Remington enjoys the Achilles for offroad use as well.

Reactions: Scoop and Remington
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot to mention

NHS means Non Highway Service

Your front tire size is
27x9.00R14

Your rear tire size is
27x11.00R14

This means

Height (Tall) x Width (Wide) R Rim (Wheel Diamter)

The width of actory OE wheels are different. That is why you cannot rotate factory OE wheels.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Tx's for the responses I need DOT tires....
Few cops in town are beginning to write warning tickets for Off/Road only tires.
To be clear with your issue and DOT’s. There are UtV tires that are DOT but what u have to watch out for is the tread pattern thats prob making too much noise on pavement that is getting the cops fired up. UTV DOT approved tires typically are off road first DOT second. DOT/LT/MT are typically DOT/road first off road second tread pattern made for road use to keep the road noise down. As @Robobrainiac stated the MT /LT’s i have work well in all typs of terrain, keep the noise down. Just your choices, you will have to upgrade to a bigger wheel and recommend same size tire and wheel all the way around.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This company has the interco.

If you read the product description I feel like it literally sums up your desires. They appear to have the factory tire size if you stick to that route.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I forgot to mention

NHS means Non Highway Service

Your front tire size is
27x9.00R14

Your rear tire size is
27x11.00R14

This means

Height (Tall) x Width (Wide) R Rim (Wheel Diamter)

The width of actory OE wheels are different. That is why you cannot rotate factory OE wheels.
buzz the NHS off, put a dot sticker on, see if that confuses them

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well after researching this and getting great advice on different tires and performance I found out that this is some sorta government/Industry conflict on what a DOT tire on a side by side standards are and hence as of now there is no DOT tire although a few claim theirs are. Hopefully in the future they will get is settled.

So its _______ still going back on forth on some of the sugestions

• Sad
Reactions: CID and Backwoods
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well after researching this and getting great advice on different tires and performance I found out that this is some sorta government/Industry conflict on what a DOT tire on a side by side standards are and hence as of now there is no DOT tire although a few claim theirs are. Hopefully in the future they will get is settled.

So its _______ still going back on forth on some of the sugestions

Most utv tires that I see "meet" DOT standards but are not "DOT Approved"

That is why most obtain 15" wheels and use true Vehicle/Truck/LT tires (those types are DOT tires.

I am very confident the interco sniper 920 is the only DOT approved UTV tire that I know of.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!