Mounting skidplates

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious as to what techniques yall have been using to lean the P1Ks on its side in order to attach the skidplates?

I was thinking of using the frontend loader on the tractor to slightly pick up and pull back until it was laid over on some blocks on drivers side .... hopefully not fall completely on it side, but rather kept at about 20-30 degrees.

Any better ideas, for a ONE man operation?

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious as to what techniques yall have been using to lean the P1Ks on its side in order to attach the skidplates?

I was thinking of using the frontend loader on the tractor to slightly pick up and pull back until it was laid over on some blocks on drivers side .... hopefully not fall completely on it side, but rather kept at about 20-30 degrees.

Not too scary F36db58994e4f9b54851559cf5146be3

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had the front on car ramps then used a Jack to lift the full skid against the bottom

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigOL3 and BWAF
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may have to try it the conventional way. Was hoping it would be easier to get to/hold in place/attach, on it's side, as Trail Armor does it. May need to forgo that idea. Also was concern about fluids being leaned waaaaay over, being possible problem.

Reactions: BWAF
M

Mtnman

Aug 21, 2017
maryville Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I used my winch and a tree limb

Reactions: BWAF
P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just drove mine up pickup ramps, the only thing I couldn’t get in was the last 2 rows of bolts on the aft end .... but the plate stayed in place from the other bolts. Once I backed it down to level I put in the others.

Total trail armor install time; 1 hour 15 minutes which included a cup of coffee half way through.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I just slid under mine. Used a car jack to hold the skid in place 2 screws in it and pull the jack out.

Reactions: trigger and BWAF
J

JTW

Definitely is the easy way. My concern was a cable breaking or hydraulics failing. Guess I could come back with a 'double safety' option.
I didn't leave it on the line.. it’s resting on the rear cage. I had to push it to get the front to drop back down.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!