P1000 Mud Busters vs. Honda Fender Flares vs. ?

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've only had my buggy about a week, and I cn already tell I need to do something to keep the mud down. Not so much for me, but if my wife gets muddy/wet every time she rides she'll quit riding. Looked at the OEM Honda fender flares which seem nice, but it's just as bad in the back as it is in the front. Mud busters seems OK, certainly pretty effective if you get the entire XL kit. involves drilling a lot of holes into my new rig though, so I'd hate to do that only to find out they're not that great. For you guys that have had some success keeping your passengers and buggy cleaner, what did you use?

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've only had my buggy about a week, and I cn already tell I need to do something to keep the mud down. Not so much for me, but if my wife gets muddy/wet every time she rides she'll quit riding. Looked at the OEM Honda fender flares which seem nice, but it's just as bad in the back as it is in the front. Mud busters seems OK, certainly pretty effective if you get the entire XL kit. involves drilling a lot of holes into my new rig though, so I'd hate to do that only to find out they're not that great. For you guys that have had some success keeping your passengers and buggy cleaner, what did you use?

I have the honda oem up front and they do really good and I'm wider than a stock pioneer;) I'm probably going to get mudbuster's for the rear in the near future

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can see them in the pics
20200328 170021520200417 1806403

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the mudbusters all around and they work really good. This picture was after 3 days of riding at RRB and about 80miles. They made a big difference and they are very durable. I have wheel spacer front and rear.

The only down side is the a PIA to install. 243274b3684857f839e8ad03ec281823

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm needing some also, I think the Hondas sure look a lot nicer. I wonder how they would stand up in the tight Florida woods.

They have done good here in our tight woods I can't count how many times I have tore them off;) I just recently busted them. I was in a rut about tip over and a rock was sticking out and busted it:( but I put a pin back in it and put some zip ties

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sweet. Looks better than the mud busters, but it seems like something for the rear is necessary as well. I've only been through pretty light stuff so far, and the back is a wreck. Looks like if you were sitting back there it would be somewhat miserable

Yeah something is definitely needed in the rear.

Reactions: Lady01
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mud buster dont like deep ruts in Tennessee. Broke everyone including the ones on the wolverine this weekend. I do have the factory fender flares in front. I did crack one though. But still good to go.

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Mud buster dont like deep ruts in Tennessee. Broke everyone including the ones on the wolverine this weekend. I do have the factory fender flares in front. I did crack one though. But still good to go.
good to know... I haven't had issues with mine yet. These machines are so wide in tight trails and the mudbusters really stick out. I have rubbed some trees hard enough that I thought they would break, but no issues. I'll try to be careful.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!