P1000 Mud Busters vs. Honda Fender Flares vs. ?

JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Flares are a must on these machines. I had mud flying and sticking to the inside of my front windshield. I hated it.

The landscaping trim is a great idea. Little sad I did not think of doing it.

I built mine out of mining belt. Made templates in cardboard and cut the belt after. I enjoyed the weekend project. They work well but do not look at good a Mud Busters.

There is a cheaper copy of Mud Busters on Ebay. I am curious of the quality of them. Anyone have them?

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
View attachment 203374
I used the 4inch landscaping stuff. The plastic trim pieces that out line flower beds. Pretty cheap and easy to do.
Thats pretty smart, how did you attach it to the rear around the door opening? Any pics? I might have to steal this idea from u 😉

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've only had my buggy about a week, and I cn already tell I need to do something to keep the mud down. Not so much for me, but if my wife gets muddy/wet every time she rides she'll quit riding. Looked at the OEM Honda fender flares which seem nice, but it's just as bad in the back as it is in the front. Mud busters seems OK, certainly pretty effective if you get the entire XL kit. involves drilling a lot of holes into my new rig though, so I'd hate to do that only to find out they're not that great. For you guys that have had some success keeping your passengers and buggy cleaner, what did you use?
After using Liquid Rubber, they are PERFECT! Wont break, crack, or bend, due to being flexible. Fender flairs/mud flaps ........ modified - The Honda Side by Side Club!

Last edited:
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
While I’m sure the mud busters work well, I just can’t get past the looks.
I’ll get the OE flares for the front, but I’m gonna wait on the back til someone makes a flare that doesn’t look like s***.

1184bcjmill

1184bcjmill

Jul 2, 2018
Lake charles la
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With my rear panel on i can't use the dump bed so I just screwed them in to bed past the doors and on the bottom so the doors open and close. Not tha great but I did it at camp one rainy day and haven't really reworked them. But I guess they are working they haven't fell off yet

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda fender flares on front and mud busters on rear. This setup has worked fine for me. Didn’t like the looks of the Mud busters especially on the front.
888CD670 9B8C 4FDA AF24 2905E92AEFBD

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Azon for about a buck 27.
They look better on the front. How do they work, the fender extension? The MB on front work great but watch the width if where you go.

Are you talking about the honda oem ones? If so they use push pins

Reactions: Lady01
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you talking about the honda oem ones? If so they use push pins
Yes, the Honda extenders.
I mis-spoke,
I understand how they mount with push pins thanks.
My real question is do they stop the mud at the very bottom of the door where the extender stops?
Looks like mud gets by there.
MB stop about 98%, IMO.
Thanks.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 203471
Thanks,
The MB fronts go all the way to the frame tube. I was wondering if the Honda extension let's mud by there? . The Honda extensions really look best.

There is some mud goes by but it ain't that bad. And I'm wider that a stock machine. I'm thinking about getting something to fill in the gap

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!