P1000 Mud busters

17LE

17LE

Dec 10, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys sorry this took so long, I put the Mud busters on and winter snow machine season started.
I haven't used them in mud yet but they did get some snow on them :)
Install was easy and directions were ok.
I'm quite pleased with them as far as quality goes and how well they cover under the bed and in front of the rear tires.
I used a little heat gun action to get the corners a little tighter. It worked well.
Now I can't wait for spring so I can try them out. Well actually I have one more trip UP first !
Thanks for recommending the Mudbusters brand to me. And thanks Hondasxs for getting us a discount !
IMG 0725
IMG 0723
IMG 0721

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys sorry this took so long, I put the Mud busters on and winter snow machine season started.
I haven't used them in mud yet but they did get some snow on them :)
Install was easy and directions were ok.
I'm quite pleased with them as far as quality goes and how well they cover under the bed and in front of the rear tires.
I used a little heat gun action to get the corners a little tighter. It worked well.
Now I can't wait for spring so I can try them out. Well actually I have one more trip UP first !
Thanks for recommending the Mudbusters brand to me. And thanks Hondasxs for getting us a discount !
View attachment 184122View attachment 184123View attachment 184124
Looks interesting... Do you have some pictures to share of where the rears attach to? Thanks... ;)

17LE

17LE

Dec 10, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sure I'll get some tonight or tomorrow.
BTW I got to try them in the field today and they are excellent for my use.

Reactions: Rhino-F350
J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I just ordered a set. I have the OEM Honda front fenders but got the extentions for the front. I also ordered the XL rear ones. With our discount I saved $30.75. That was awsome. I will post some pictures when I can.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
How long did it take to install? I guess I'm going to order some here pretty soon. I bought and installed a set on my 500 when I had it and it wasn't too bad, but I don't remember it being extremely easy. And I'd have to think that the set for the 1000-5 has to be a bit more complicated.

17LE

17LE

Dec 10, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How long did it take to install? I guess I'm going to order some here pretty soon. I bought and installed a set on my 500 when I had it and it wasn't too bad, but I don't remember it being extremely easy. And I'd have to think that the set for the 1000-5 has to be a bit more complicated.
First fender took about 1/2 hour. 2nd one took 10 min. once you have all the right tools out and know know where things go, it's simple.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
First fender took about 1/2 hour. 2nd one took 10 min. once you have all the right tools out and know know where things go, it's simple.

Thank you! I ordered a set today so I'll be working on this maybe this weekend... Did you use a lift? I read about some on here using a lift and that made it a lot easier. If it makes a huge difference, I can probably get access to a lift

17LE

17LE

Dec 10, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you! I ordered a set today so I'll be working on this maybe this weekend... Did you use a lift? I read about some on here using a lift and that made it a lot easier. If it makes a huge difference, I can probably get access to a lift
No need for a lift. I didn't even take the wheels off. I used a 1//4 inch right angle drill for the 2 holes by the wheel, rest is done with the bed tilted.
One thing I should mention, I used a heat gun to slightly soften the front fender, where it fits up against the stock fender.
When you hold it up where it goes you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't believe what I did was necessary. I just wanted it to fit a little closer.
The directions mention something along this line.

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No need for a lift. I didn't even take the wheels off. I used a 1//4 inch right angle drill for the 2 holes by the wheel, rest is done with the bed tilted.
One thing I should mention, I used a heat gun to slightly soften the front fender, where it fits up against the stock fender.
When you hold it up where it goes you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't believe what I did was necessary. I just wanted it to fit a little closer.
The directions mention something along this line.

I believe I know what you mean... I remember folding the ones I got for the 500 a bit. The angle didn't fit in there "perfectly". I have a right angle drill too.... I'll be swapping wheels soon so I may kill two birds and wait till I do that.

oh shoot... I just realized that you have a 3 seater. Mine is a 5. I think that may make things a bit tougher

17LE

17LE

Dec 10, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Could be, but I'm sure you'll manage !

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!