BOX1

mud flares for 1000r

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like my Rokblokz, excellent CAD fit-up and the install video made the project fairly easy. I'd like to find a way to stop the front tires from flinging sh!t up though - although I'm sure that's a problem with almost all SxSs.

With Rokblokz - :oops:
View attachment 262490

This photo shows how well they keep the 'stuff' out of the open door area although I do get a little splatter on the passenger seat. Door lowers prevented that but the Talon has too much cab heat with the radiator up front so I won't be installing them on this one.
View attachment 262492
I'd think you would want lower doors just to keep the snow out.

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
I seem to ride through too many tight spots that rip the caps off of my valve stems. How well would these wider than stock flares handle the constant rubbing? Do they flex well and return to their original shape? I don't go looking for mud, but I don't like the water crossing spray all over my 1/2 windshield and my wife's mink coat.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've had mudbusters on the rear since new on my Talon X and have had no problems with them down in the Louisiana mud. They have never pulled apart from the fender and do an excellent job of keeping mud out of my shirt collar!

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've had mudbusters on the rear since new on my Talon X and have had no problems with them down in the Louisiana mud. They have never pulled apart from the fender and do an excellent job of keeping mud out of my shirt collar!
I have a rear windshield keeping the interior protected. I'm really only concerned with keeping the inside clean and my visibility clear. I may look at making front wheel fenders vs. flares. The fenders would be mounted to the wheel backplate, and turn as the wheel did. Most of my unwanted spray comes from the wheels when they are turned.

Reactions: stellarpod
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd think you would want lower doors just to keep the snow out.
I don't ride in deep powder snow, it's all packed when I man up for a winter ride. After 25 years of snowmobiling, I don't care if I never see another snowflake. 🥶 🥶 🥶 I only get a lite splatter of 'anything' inside the cab with the Rokblokz.
I have a rear windshield keeping the interior protected. I'm really only concerned with keeping the inside clean and my visibility clear. I may look at making front wheel fenders vs. flares. The fenders would be mounted to the wheel backplate, and turn as the wheel did. Most of my unwanted spray comes from the wheels when they are turned.
The dirt bike guys used a rubber flap on their front fenders to knock down the crap flung up by the front tire. I think a similar flap hanging down from the forward edge of the fender might be highly effective.

If I ever get that ambitious, I'll start with a 9" wide piece of tire tube and follow the front edge of the Rokblokz and fender from the headlight to the outside, forward corner of the Rokblokz. It will hang down above and in front of the tire and easily deflect when hit by the tire. It might look hokey to the style conscious but I don't give a poop about being kewl.

nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 Crew
6:15 in this video.

The whole video is a 10k mile review

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: BobFarrell
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Here are the Mudbusters on the R (non-XL in the front):

Reactions: GPR1500SC
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!